Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 10th June 2013, 14:26
Alexochs

Uffz Alexander Ochs II/StG-151 MIA 24.9.1943

Hello, I accidentally ran across this forum and the discussion in 2006 about the fate of Hptm Joachim Kirschner. I realized that there were many very detailed contributions of the events that today I'd like to ask the contributors then and the Forum members if you maybe have also information about the fate of the Stuka Crew below.
The pilot of the stuka was my older halfbrother Alexander Ochs. In addition to the Information from the Website aircrewremembered.com we know that because of engine trouble the crew bailed out and boats were sent from the isle of Brac (today Croartia) and they were picked up. Brac at that time (24.9.1943) was in the hands of Badoglio and/or Partisan troops. From what was said about the stuka pilots in the discussion about Hptm Kirschner, no wonder no information about their fate ever reached the German side (e.g. Red Cross). I couldn't get any further with the source mentioned in the record of the Pilot Website from aircrewremembered.com below. So I hope someone can perhaps help me on.
Tilman
Ochs, Alexander Uffz 1/Stuka Schule-Foggia ('41-42), II/StG-151 (Yugoslavia 9/43) JU 87D-1 Werk # 2422 "VE + CL" (lost 9/24/43) Wound Badge, Dive Bomber Operational Clasp WIA 24 September, 1943 at Insel Barac, cause unknown. The ac was a total loss. Also WIA, Ogefr Hans Stommerling, his rear gunner. Source: Yugo crashes-Shrani & Ju 87 Loss List. The following information is provided by Tilman Ochs: "Because of engine trouble on their way to attack a convoy, the crew bailed out and landed in the sea near the isle of Brac. Boats were sent out from Brac and the crew was picked up by Bodoglio or Partisan troops" The statement source per an official document issued and signed by Oblt & Stfkpt Suchtrunk, 18 October, 1943, to the fiancee of Alexander Ochs. Uffz Ochs remains MIA to this day. Many thanks Tilman.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:23

lpersen is on a distinguished road
Re: Uffz Alexander Ochs II/StG-151 MIA 24.9.1943

Hello Alexander,
I have found Partisan report dated 25 September 1944 about Ju 87 that crash landed near Bol on island Brac a day before. According to report they catched only 21 year bordfunker (no name in the report). He was interrogated by Partisans that captured him, and he was given to the Partisan command of the island Brac.
No further information in the report. Can you please contact me via PM?
Regards,
Lovro