Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 12th January 2014, 21:52
clandestoy

Information on Armament

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have been looking for some information on the armament used on the FW-190 and BF-109 fighters.

I am presently working on a couple of projects and I am trying to locate very detailed drawings of the armament; the drawings I am searching for must have the dimensions on them as I am trying to make scale reproductions of them. I have found plenty of documentation with the basic dimensions (L-W-H), but none that detail cannon bore size with finer details, or that show the mounting of the armament and it's components from different angles. I am also looking for the sake type of drawings for the air-to-air and air-to-land missiles and bombs as well.

Below is a list of the armament I need documentation for, if anyone can provide me with assistance in possibly getting a lead as to where I may find this documentation, it would be greatly appreciated.

MG-131 Rheinmetal-Borsig - FW-190, ME-109
MG-150E Rheinmetal-Borsig - - FW-190,
MK-108 - FW-190, ME-109

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Cesar Landestoy
Old 13th January 2014, 02:15

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road
Re: Information on Armament

Hello Cesar,

MG-150E Rheinmetal-Borsig - FW-190

I'm thinking you mean, MG-151 and MG-151/20 instead. Please clarify.

These might get you started: http://www.albentley-drawings.com/pr...quipment/guns/

RAF Museum Cosford, Shropshire, England has examples of everything on your list in their collection, and the MK-108's are on display.

Also, find this book: German Aircraft Guns and Cannons (Aircraft Armament series)

http://www.amazon.com/German-Aircraf.../dp/B0006C2CMQ

Bronc

Last edited by Broncazonk; 13th January 2014 at 03:22.
Old 13th January 2014, 03:24
clandestoy

Bronc, Thank you very much for your reply, I believe your are correct. I actually own those Bentley drawings you referenced, the problem is they do not give me the dimensions of the overall gun when mounted mounted as shown in the pictures I have attached, he just gives the overall dimension of the gun. I am trying to make a detailed replica of the guns and I think I need to know not only the overall dimension, but I would need to know the muzzle diameter as well as some of the other key measurements to do a good job.

I have found some German documentation about the layout, but nothing showing dimensions. I am also looking for documentation onlayout and dimensions of the auxiliary equipment such as the SVK2 unit shown as well.
Old 13th January 2014, 22:51

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road

For esoteric measurements, obtain a set of blueprints. No blueprints? Go to Wright-Patterson or RAF Museum Cosford and take them yourself. There is no substitute for looking at an original.

These (below) might contain blueprints for mounts and misc. parts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140844110282...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130761410628...84.m1423.l2649

Good luck!

Bronc
Old 14th January 2014, 01:55
clandestoy

Bronc,

Thank you for those great links, I sent the seller an email.

Regards,

Cesar