Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 28th November 2023, 20:37
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: bodenplatte loss

A FANTASTIC work by the way....
Old 28th November 2023, 23:16
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

Mike,

If you really are interested in Bodenplatte, just buy the book. You should be able to find everything you need in there and also the sources. If you, or anybody else, have specific questions I am happy to help.

To be frank, I still believe "my" numbers are still the most accurate out there.

Cheers,
John
Old 29th November 2023, 10:58
Alter Hase

NIKKEL,
During early 90's very few of us did have nowadays possibilities to communicate with an author, via internet and computers. My computer only arrived by the end of this decade...so you are very lucky to talk directly with John Manhro and ask him (or others authors that are active members of this Board) what you precisely want to know.

Some years ago, I purchased a photograph of a JG 1 pilot who was shot down and baled out (later POW) during this Operation, on the 1st January 1945. THANKS to this MAGNIFIC book (and reference on the subject), I was able to positively ID the pilot I had acquired the image (sold from his old-girilfriend)....

You surely wouldn't be disappointed about the book...and John was simply a Gentleman to be opened to help you.

Where can you find such kind of assistance and bunch of fellows, if not on this Forum?

Good luck and all the best.

A.
Old 29th November 2023, 11:00
Alter Hase

OBS: When you read "wouldn't", I guess the correct grammar is: "will not"....my mistake on the previous message.
Old 29th November 2023, 19:02

nikkel is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,
thanks for the explanation and the information,
greetings Mike