Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st December 2008, 11:38

Tony Jones
Re: I am interested in luftwaffe losses. Can anyone sell me some info?

Jim P

I just sent you a note on this board but it didn't turn up so here is version 2

I have a very "short fuse" and saw the post as "don't buy of of this guy"

When I provide anyone with items I try to make it at nil commercial gain to me i.e net cost plus postage, another reason I got incensed.
Anyway lets move on, I have sent you a separate letter of apology but found your mail box full. I relayed this to Art and he has just confirmed he has it and will pass on to you.

I am glad to have put this "to bed" with you as it was all basically 2+2=5

Regards

Tony
Old 1st December 2008, 13:21
Alter Hase

byron- is on a distinguished road

Jim P,

I tried to send you a PM unsuccessfuly, your mailbox is full.

byron
Old 1st December 2008, 14:05

yogybär is on a distinguished road

To come back to the original topic: I am also very interested in such a database. So:

If anyone would like to share his data as well to get back something for his activities/costs!

PS: I think there are dozens of people interested in such data. We could unite our forces, even if it is "only" money...

PPS: I am able to contribute money and my german knowledge and work, if someone out there has a defined job.
Old 1st December 2008, 14:16
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road

Hi

I have such a database (running on SQL Server)

I have a web based user interface (currently running on asp vbscript over IIS 6)

I need a few days off to upgrade all the old asp pages to asp.net (mainly in order to get control over the user authentication part of it)

I am interested in sharing this information, and also interested in getting more hands to work on adding additional data

What do you guys think would be a decent EULA (End User License Agreement) on such a system? A part of me want to give all the info out to the community for free, but at the same time my team and myself have spent both countless hours and a lot of hard earned cash on getting this together...

Always difficult!

Regards,
Andreas B
Old 1st December 2008, 14:42

Tony Jones

Hi

With official loss data nobody ever seems to mention the Medical Report losses 1936-end of 42. These run to many thousands, very little c/n but masses of D- WL- S7+ Stkz and Vbkz. Given the time it would be nice to tie up individual items here with the items on QM 6 reports. This would make a far better database than just QM 6.
I sent Jim K a copy of this and I stand to be corrected but some of you may have got this from Jim at some time. 1940 in particular has many unreadable items, a few pages are missing elsewhere plus the whole of 9/39-40 missing. I now have all missing individual pages (sent to Jim K in the USA) clean pages for the whole of 1940 plus the missing 9/39 - 12/39 period. I will shortly post the missing section 1939 to Jim K and if some of you in the USA "beg nicely" he might give you a copy
Tony
Old 1st December 2008, 18:52
Alter Hase

steve sheridan

Tony, myself plus many others here on this board would be interested in what you have available.
The Medical Reports you mention, plus the GQM lists i would definately be interested in. What would the cost of these items be?

Best regs,
Steve.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:07
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough

I'm kind of in the same boat as Andreas, except my db is done in MS Access versus MS SQL. Part of me wants to give our work away to the community, and there are a number of reseachers who have made use of it over the years, but another part would like to be able to recoup some of the costs of aquiring the materials for and the thousands of hours creating the beast. Not to mention that while the GQM stuff is for the most part done, there is still so much to do with other sources such as Schulen losses, FBs and published works. Its a neverending project, as I'm sure Andreas will atest to.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:11

Tony Jones

Steve

I need to scan all the Medical Losses and there are over 1,000 pages, including cover sheets (I don't think anyone has seen these) plus graphs, sometimes photo of a/c crash and a few smashed heads and limbs etc. This will take some time but I note your interest

Regrads

Tony
Old 1st December 2008, 19:43
Alter Hase

steve sheridan

Tony, thank you for your reply and notes.
Is the GQM lists available from you then on disc?

Rgs,
Steve.
Old 1st December 2008, 20:58

Tony Jones

Steve

I have sent you a private message, are you the SES I sent some engine c/n data to?

Regards

tony