Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Post-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation

Post-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation Please use this forum to discuss Military and Naval Aviation after the Second World War.

Old 5th November 2016, 21:22

Edward L. Hsiao is on a distinguished road
Question A Particular Photograph

Gentlemen,

There is a particular photo of a restored Bf-109 and Peter Duettmann and Walter Wolfrum were standing with a group of Italian gentlemen who were WWII mechanics. They were mostly all white haired. Way after WWII. Could you please show this viewer this photo again. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao
Old 6th November 2016, 09:04

Post Re: A Particular Photograph

Gentlemen,

I believe Walter Wolfrum was at the far right of the group but I'm not so sure. Peter Duettmann was in the middle. The man with a white moustache was at the far left of the group. The description of the photo didn't say anything about from left to right or right to left to describe the group of men standing with the restored Bf-109. Maybe the hint will be enough or not.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao
Old 6th November 2016, 23:38

Post Re: A Particular Photograph

Gentlemen,

I got it. The picture is from Jagdgeschwader 52 Website in German. The photograph's description said "Walter Wolfrum,Maurizio Longoni,sein Chefmechaniker,Peter Duttmann,Assistent v. Longoni und MHHW,vor unserem Nesthakchen mit offen Herzklappen." Can you get the photograph to here? I might not be able to find it again? Is Walter Wolfrum at the far right of the picture?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao