Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th February 2010, 21:00

Don Caldwell
Hungarian Air force activity on 14 Mar 45

I need info on two MKHL combats on 14 Mar 45. Both apparently involved 325th FG Mustangs. In the first, 7/101 JGr Bf 109s downed one Mustang, possibly without loss. In the second, which is well documented from the American side, the Mustang pilots attacked a large formation of 2/102 SGr Fw 190Fs from the rear & were credited with downing 18. Several years ago (and apparently not archived) Csaba Becze posted here that three Hungarian Focke-Wulf pilots were killed in combat & a 4th hit a power line. Does anyone know how many planes were up? And from what airfields? How many were shot down? I assume both the fighters and fighter-bombers were in Luftflotte 4, but was there an intermediate control organization? And last, the correct (Hungarian) unit abbreviations would be nice to know. All I see are anglicized and germanicized versions.

Horrido!

Don