Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Obituaries

Obituaries Please use this forum to post obituary listings and death notices.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th May 2017, 09:04

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough
Richard Eger has passed away

It is my sad duty to let members know that after a lengthy and painful battle with a number of health issues that Richard Eger passed away on 8 May.

As most will know, Richard was indefatigable in pursuit of information and new research angles concerning his beloved Me 262 but also believed strongly in helping others. I know that my research benefited from his assistance as I hope did his from mine. The research community owes him much.

I was fortunate enough to meet Richard personally in 2002 at the Imperial War Museum as it's always so much better to put a face to a name.

Even into his last weeks, Richard was still corresponding as available energy would allow such was his continuing inquisitiveness.

I will miss him as I am sure will others and as always my thoughts are with his family.