Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th April 2009, 16:43
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Ju 88 G-1 W.Nr. 714657 ??+JG

Hello,

Is anything known about Ju 88 G-1 W.Nr. 714657 St.Kz. ??+JG

Thanks,

Roger
Old 4th April 2009, 18:00

ArtieBob will become famous soon enough
Re: Ju 88 G-1 W.Nr. 714657 ??+JG

I would like some opinions from others on this type of request. I have listings for this aircraft with Stammkenzeichen, locations, etc., but I am really not anxious to share it with Roger who has made similar requests, because he is unwilling to identify his end of the question. Possibly he has a photo, or Flugbuch listing, etc. If someone wants help on this forum, I feel they need to show a pretty good bit of what they have. I spend over 1000 hours a year and thousands of dollars specifically researching the Ju 88. I don’t mind sharing information, but it won’t be a one way street. Comments, anyone?

Best Regards,

Artie Bob
Old 4th April 2009, 18:40
Alter Hase

Hello Artie,

I stated the reason in the first post (the one I just posted before this about the He 111): I do have photos of these aircraft. And I don't intend to keep them for myself. I am working on a booklet about captured Luftwaffe aircraft at the end of WWII. It will contain only unpublished photos of which in most cases I own the originals (for other cases credit to the kind collectors who let me use them for my project will be given, of course). And since the statement "unpublished photos" should still be true when the booklet is finished I cannot publish these photos here unfortunately. While I appreciate that you and others spent 1000 of hours researching the subject (including me by the way; but my major focus is on the Me 262 and for other subjects I need the help of others) I spent hundreds of dollars to get these unpublished and exciting photos for this project. I spend many hours on collecting, researching and turning this idea into a real booklet so that also other people can enjoy these photos. I hope you understand that I won't publish them at the forum before the booklet is complete.

If you have information you would like to share and you want to see the photo I could send it to you via e-mail (if you promise to me not to send it to anybody else) so that it is a fair exchange of information. That said and since I am aware that I cannot know everything and am also likely to make mistakes I am hoping to get the booklet reviewed by expert historians before it will be published.

I can finish the booklet without the additional information about these aircraft. But it would be a pitty since the information is out there. On the other hand I can understand that not everybody is ready to share what he collected over thousands of hours. In the end the photos themself are in many cases the most interesting thing on such a photo booklet.

That is and will be the reason of most my requests at TOCH. I would be glad to hear from anybody who would like to help me and who would like to review the final booklet. If you don't like to help please just ignore my requests. I have to and will understand that you have some good reasons not to help. I won't be offended if you don't like to help but I will be very grateful if you do like to help.

Kind regards
Roger Gaemperle
Old 4th April 2009, 19:49

Eric GUILLAUME

Hello Roger,

Ju 88 G 1 Wnr 714657, PN+JG, flight tested on 24/08/44 at Fritzlar, found in Kitzingen in 05/45.

To Artie Bob, although I m working on books to, I totally agree with you.

Regards.

Eric

Last edited by Eric GUILLAUME; 4th April 2009 at 19:50. Reason: typo
Old 5th April 2009, 14:08
Alter Hase

Hello Eric,

Thank you very much for the information! I appreciate your help.

I don't have anything against sharing the photo with individuals who like to help, but I prefer not to publish it at the forum for everybody as otherwise it won't be interesting anymore for the book.

Regards,
Roger
Old 6th April 2009, 09:54
Alter Hase

Hello Eric,

Just one more question: Do you know the full call sign? I guess it belonged to NJG6 but am not 100% sure.

Is anything known about the operational history (from log book entries)?

Thank you,

Roger

PS: I forgot to mention that I will try to mention anybody who helped me with my project in the introduction of the booklet. Not that this might be a great motivation to help but I don't want to copy other people's work and claim it to be my own's work.
Old 6th April 2009, 10:43

Eric GUILLAUME

Hello Roger,

This Ju 88 was captured still wearing its factory code/Stkz PN+JG painted in Black, you can find a photo in "Wings of the Black Cross" Nr. 4 page 17.
I m afraid I have nothing about its operationnal career....

Best regards.

Eric
Old 6th April 2009, 20:22
Alter Hase

Hi Eric,

Ah, thank you! I should have compared the StKz with the part of the code I recognized on the photo and I would have seen that they are one and the same. I presumed that it was part of a unit code and didn't even consider to compare the StKz with the code on the fuselage.

Best regards,
Roger
Old 9th April 2009, 04:02

George Hopp

The last Ju 88 G-1 was apparently assembled in October 1944. If that a/c still had its factory code in May 1945, it would seem probable that it never had any operational service.