Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 24th September 2012, 10:46

AbbevilleBoy is on a distinguished road
Bf109 on 5 june 40

Hi gentlemen.
Please, anyone can provide list of the loss of Bf109 over the north of France on 5 June 1940.

I have:
Bf109 E-3 wnr ? 8 black Uffz. Josef Keil (8./JG3) VRAIGNES
Bf109 E-3 wnr ? 8 white Uffz. Artur Tismer (1./JG1) LAMOTTE-WARFUSEE
Bf109 E ????? Fw. Erich Schröder (2./JG27) ROSIERES
Bf109 E ?????? PROYART

there others?

Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Old 24th September 2012, 17:07

Peter Cornwell is on a distinguished road
Re: Bf109 on 5 june 40

1./JG1 Messerschmitt Bf109E-1. Shot down by S/Lt Milhiet, Adj Bricart, Adj Dorcy, Adj Marconnet, and Sgt Plzak of GC II/2 in combat north-west of Roye and abandoned over Lamotte-Warfuse, east of Villers-Bretonneux, 8.20 p.m. FF Uffz Artur Tismer baled out and captured unhurt – later released. Aircraft 100% write-off.

2./JG2 Messerschmitt Bf109E-3. Shot down by S/Lt Baptizet of GC II/4 in combat north-east of Soissons and crashed at Vailly-sur-Aisne 9.45 a.m. FF Lt Eberhard von Reden killed. Aircraft 100% write-off.

8./JG3 Messerschmitt Bf109E-3. Shot down by Capt Barbier and Lt d’Alançon of GC I/4 in combat west of Amiens and abandoned over Vraignes-ls-Hornoy 7.45 a.m. Possibly that also claimed by Lt de Montravel and Lt Guillaume and believed that reported down near Campneuseville. FF Uffz Rudolf Saborowski baled out and captured unhurt – later released. Aircraft 100% write-off.

8./JG3 Messerschmitt Bf109E-3. Radiator damaged in combat with H-75s of GC I/4 west of Amiens and belly-landed near Vraignes-lès-Hornoy 7.45 a.m. FF Uffz Josef Keil captured unhurt – later released. Aircraft Black 8 + I 100% write-off.
Keil and Saborowski were among a small group of German prisoners transported south eventually reaching Toulouse. Here they evaded their captors and managed to reach Bordeaux from where they trekked north-east to meet advancing German troops.

4./JG26 Messerschmitt Bf109E-3. Lost on transit flight between Charleroi and Le Touquet. FF Uffz Paul Leisse killed. Aircraft White 9 + ─ 100% write-off.
Reached Le Touquet but after circling the airfield flew away south-east. It was assumed that he thought the airfield still under Allied control due to the number of abandoned RAF machines still there. On October 25, the grave of an ‘Unknown German Airman’ found at Les-Grande-Ventes, east of Longueville-sur-Scie, was reported exhumed and identified as that of Paul Leisse - lost on his first operational flight. His loss is recorded on June 6 in the Luftwaffe General Quartermaster’s Returns.

2./JG27 Messerschmitt Bf109E-1. Believed shot down by Lt Lacombe of GC I/3 in combat east of Clermont 5.15 p.m. FF Feldwebel Erich Schröder baled out and captured slightly burned – later released. Aircraft Black 2 + 100% write-off.

5./JG27 Messerschmitt Bf109E-1. Set alight in attacks by Capt Portalis, Adj Dugoujon, and Sgt Chabera of GC II/5 east of Montdidier and crash-landed in woods near Thiescourt, south of Lassigny 3.00 p.m. FF Oberleutnant Walter Roos (Staffelkapitän) captured badly burned on face and arms – later released. Aircraft 100% write-off.

2./JG51 Messerschmitt Bf109E-1. Shot down by Sgt Casaneuve of GC III/3 over Estrées-St-Denis 1.45 p.m. FF Leutnant Egon Falkensamer captured – later released. Aircraft 100% write-off.

I./JG53 Messerschmitt Bf109E-3. Crashed on take-off from Douzy, cause not stated. Pilot unhurt. Aircraft 30% damaged but repairable.

II./JG53 Messerschmitt Bf109E-1. Forced-landed at Thin-le-Moutier, west of Sedan, due to engine failure. Pilot unhurt. Aircraft 30% damaged but repairable.

Stab III./JG53 Messerschmitt Bf109E-3. Forced-landed at Laon due to engine failure and possibly damaged in combat with GC I/8 over Pont-Ste-Maxence 10.20 a.m. Pilot unhurt. Aircraft 50% damaged but repairable.

Stab III./JG53 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4. Shot down by S/Lt Pomier-Layrarques of GC II/7 and crashed and exploded at edge of woods on ‘Ferme du Villerseau‘ at Canly, west of Compiègne, 5.15 p.m. FF Hptmn Werner Mölders (Gruppenkommandeur) baled out landing between Blincourt and Sacy-le-Petit and captured unhurt – later released. Aircraft Black <◄ + I 100% write-off.
Old 24th September 2012, 20:57

AbbevilleBoy is on a distinguished road
Re: Bf109 on 5 june 40

Thank you very much Peter, for all the infos. Always the best.
Kind regards