Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st August 2019, 15:08
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Ebay: Fliegerhorst, landing areas, hangars, workshops

Thanks Snautzer. These sketch maps and data sheets for airfields in North Africa all used to be available on the jccalvin website:

wwii-photos-maps.com

There were 100 or more of them and I incorporated all of the most important information into my Airfields monographs that are available on the Michael Holm website www.ww2.dk.

L.
Old 1st August 2019, 17:37
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Hi Larry, i am sure that info as in last post is known to you. I peeked in your monumental work and looked it up. But i am also sure not all here have seen these docs and some like me like the orginal docs just to get a beter view on things. As for the mentioned site. It is now a ftp site.

I will continue posting these snipets in the hope it will enhance the view and intrest in the fliegerhorst as a whole.
Old 2nd August 2019, 16:14
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Agreed. The images and sketch maps do help at lot. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

It's too bad Calvin closed his website because some of us do not know what an .ftp site is much less how to access one or use one. Luckily, I was able to get everything I needed from his website before he closed it, and then spent $2,000 with NARA and Library of Congress fee-for-service researchers in WashDC for airfield photos and maps that Calvin didn't have, all of these for Russia and the Baltic States.

Keep up the good work!

L.
Old 2nd August 2019, 20:27
Alter Hase

Ftp is nothing more then a sort of client to client browser. For the data donor it has a mayor advantage that he does not have to rent a server to put his data on but can use a computer at home for this server purpose. Furthermore he can grant acces to who he wants. This to help manage costs in File Transfer. The client , the one who wants the data will need a program like filezilla a link to the File Transfer server and a password. Nowadays when big data can be cheaply stored and shared and controlled by data owner,like google drive,there is much less benifits to use a ftp server.
Old 3rd August 2019, 00:59
Alter Hase

Thanks for the information, Snautzer. I'm not so reluctant now if the need comes to access an .ftp site.............at least I now know what to expect and that it won't bite me!

L.
Old 7th August 2019, 22:14
Alter Hase

Luftwaffe Stukaplatz Sarabus Krim https://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-WK-II-L...oAAOSwYUZdSxHf

Old 25th August 2019, 22:47
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-Konvolu...AAAOSwDFFdYpi9
Old 1st September 2019, 14:29
Alter Hase

Kloster-Mariahof-in-TILBURG-Holland-1941-Quartier-KG30-Gilze-Rijen https://www.ebay.de/itm/Orig-Foto-Kl...UAAOSwLM9dUrv3

Old 1st September 2019, 14:57
Alter Hase

Luftbild-Luftwaffe-Aufklärungsgruppe (F)/122-Flugplatz Tscherwen-Minskaja https://www.ebay.de/itm/Luftbild-Luf...wAAOSwhn5dZtu8

Old 1st September 2019, 14:58
Alter Hase

Luftbild-Luftwaffe-Aufklärungsgruppe (F)/122-Flugplatz Baryssau-Borissow https://www.ebay.de/itm/Luftbild-Luf...EAAOSwkwJdZtu-