Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 11th September 2008, 22:22

fczwolle is on a distinguished road
Karl-Georg Pfeiffer

Hello,

I am working on a story about a Lancaster crash of 460 squadron RAAF.The plane went down on 13th june 1944 in Wesepe,some twenty miles from my hometown Zwolle which is in the east of the Netherlands. All seven crewmembers were killed.I would like to add some details in the story about the nightfighter which shot down the bomber.This was Karl-Georg Pfeiffer(IV/NJG I).
Is there somebody who can tell me something more about him?For example his birth date and place,his military career.Also it would be great if somebody has a photo of him. If I am correct he had eleven victories and the 13.06.44 victory was his tenth.Can anybody confirm that?He survived the war.
Thank you in advance for your response.

kind regards Mike
Old 12th September 2008, 01:36

Doug Stankey will become famous soon enough
Re: Karl-Georg Pfeiffer

I have searched through our officer personnel files and found no one by that name or its variations. I conclude that he was not likely to have been an officer.

Searching the indices of "Deutsche Nachtjagd" by Michael Balss, again comes up with nothing so apparently he was never a casualty!

I checked the Tony Woods claims and losses listings and again came up empty. No claims or losses?

Are you sure you have the name correctly? It looks like maybe there was no such person.

Sorry!

I hope this was of some help.
Old 12th September 2008, 04:03
Alter Hase

kaki3152 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Doug Wood listing shows Fw. Karl Pfeifer 11./NJG-1 4-mot flugzeug Raalte/Holland 3300m 0134.

Carlos
Old 12th September 2008, 07:58
Alter Hase

Alain57 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Karl-Georg Pfeiffer

Hello ,

I think i saw a photo from Karl Pfeifer in one of the books " Wespennest Leeuwaarden " by Ab Janssen;

Greetings

Alain
Old 12th September 2008, 09:05

Keizer Cali

Hi Mike,

As Alain mentioned, get hold of a copy of "Wespennest Leeuwarden" (3-volume publication) by Ab Janssen. It contains many wartime and post-war photographs of Karl Pfeiffer,and his entire night fighter career, victories, et. al. are well explained in the man's own words.

Even if the book was published some 30 years ago, it remains a most fascinating read and remains, at least for me, a reference document on the nocturnal air war over the Low Countries.

Best regards,

Marc
Old 12th September 2008, 09:10

Hello all,

Thank's a lot for your responses.Karl Pfeiffer from Wespennest Leeuwarden is indeed the man whe are talking about.His full name should be Karl-Georg.
Old 12th September 2008, 09:19

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your response.I am in possession of the books you mentioned and I read about Pfeiffer but the details I am looking for are not mentioned,like birthdate and place,his military career and and a specification of his victories.Of course I saw the photo's of him but I think I need permission from the author if I would like to use photo's from his book.

regards Mike
Old 12th September 2008, 16:37

Wim

Hello Mike,

Karl-Georg Pfeiffer was born on 28-12-1919 in Ebestadt-Darmstadt.
The night in question he took off from Melsbroek in Belgium at 0028 hours in the Me 110 G9+DY. He landed there back at 0217 hours. There is however no entry of a victory in his logbook, although he previously listed those, as his 11.Victory is recorded on the 2 May 1944.
Pfeiffer is also listed in today's phoneregister on his known address, so I presume that he is still alive.

All the best,

Wim
Old 12th September 2008, 18:58

Hello Wim,

Thank's a lot for the information.Your response did raise one more question.I read somewhere that Pfeiffer is credited with eleven victories and that the 13th june victory was his tenth.But this is wrong because already on may 2nd he had his 11th victory?

regards Mike