Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd June 2020, 14:29
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Oberfeldwebel Wilhelm Baumgartner - 9./JG 77

Hello,

Does anyone knows where (town) this Swiss born airman was born?

My Family (Baumgartner) came to Brazil around 1870-80's from GLARUS in Switzerland and I believe that this particular airman may be a distant relative.

I never managed to find more about his roots. Someone from this Forum passed me (guess from PRIEN's book) a copy of one of the few photos I have seen of him and he looks like my late father when young.

Erick Mombeek informed me, a long time ago, that he was in touch with Adheleid Baumgartner the widow of this airman. She passed away in 2012 and I would like to know if sons or relatives of their marriage are around.

From the list of BAUMGARTNER(s) in the Luftwaffe, he seems to be the more probably related to my Family roots, who came from Switzerland rather from Germany. I am aware though that quite a number of Baumgartner were in the USA as well, including a famous WAASP and the well known parachutist recordist.

Dr. JOCHEN PRIEN, would you have more details about this airman (his roots, father's and mother's names, where he was born)? Sadly I do not remember where I saved the page copy from your book. Would you have a picture of this airman to share?

Viele Danke

Adriano Silva BAUMGARTNER (Family came from Glarus, Switzerland)
baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br