Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st January 2021, 16:28

sidney is on a distinguished road
Lüken, Alfred or Ulfert, Major

In pursue of my own LW interests, I have come across the name of one Lüken, Alfred or Ulfert.

In the Luftwaffe Officer Career Summary I found the following: LÜKEN, Alfred. 16.06.43 Oblt., appt Ic/Jagdfliegerführer 2.

The above does not correspond to my find, which is as follows:

An atypical officer of the Luftwaffe, Alfred or Ulfert Lüken was a painter mobilized at the beginning of war, received the rank of major (possibly because on the account of his advanced age - 45), and spent the war in the Fliegerhorst Jever. A PDF copy of his bio is attached.

Considering the difference, it is likely another Alfred for the database.

Regards,
Sinisa
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:53
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Lüken, Alfred or Ulfert, Major

Hmmm..............

Jagdfliegerführer 2 (2. Jagddivision)
(FpN: L 24146?)

Jagdfliegerführer:
Oberst Johann Schalk (1 Dec 43 - c. 31 Mar 44)

Formation and History. (Dec 43 - Mar 44)
Formed 1 December 1943 at Stade/35 km WNW of Hamburg by renaming Stab/Jagdfliegerführer Deutsche Bucht. Assigned to 2. Jagddivision as a component of the Divisionsstab rather than as an independent command. Responsible for fighter defenses over northwest Germany. On 11 December a Bf 110G-3 belonging to Jafü 2 ran out of fuel and force landed at Noorbrök with 50% damage. Shortly after that the Stab moved from Stade to Jever/15 km WNW of Wilhelmshaven. Disbanded at Jever in late March or early April 1944.

"Jever" is common to both your bibliography and the history of Jafü 2.

L.