Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 19th January 2009, 23:51

Flyingkag is on a distinguished road
what means "n.l." in Luftwaffe Claims lists

Hi all,

Could someone explain what means the abreviation "n.l." in the luftwaffe claims lists?

For example: film B.A. C2027 II, 11/09/1944, the claim of Fw. Amon, 9/JG53 is given as "n.l."

Thanks for your help.

Flyingkag
Old 20th January 2009, 00:58
Alter Hase

Leo Etgen is on a distinguished road
What means "n.l." in Luftwaffe claims lists

Hello Flyingkag

I may be completely wrong on this but I take it that this abbreviation means that these claims are not listed in published works such as those on JG 3, JG 53 or JG 77 by Prien or JG 26 by Caldwell, for example. Hopefully someone else will comment as well.

Horrido!

Leo
Old 20th January 2009, 22:20

Re: what means "n.l." in Luftwaffe Claims lists

Hi Léo,

this was my own supposition too, "not listed".

I had a doubt about this possible sense, because the rare such "n.l." claims, each time, evocated simultaneously two claims on same place, same time, same level... by two different pilots.

So I asked myself if it wasn't a kind of "shared victories" maybe. But the concerned claims are indead not listed in the biographie of the concerned pilots. So they were not confirmed.

Thanks for your help.

Mathias
Old 20th January 2009, 22:58
Alter Hase

Leo Etgen is on a distinguished road
What means "n.l." in Luftwaffe claims lists

Hello Flyingkag

Rather belatedly I looked through the text at the top of Wood's claims lists and found the following:

"3. Co-relation of OKL Films to Published Lists and Manuscripts to avoid duplication is indicated thus: [A] The number attached to the pilot's name is his Abschuss tally as indicated in the Published List. [b] n.L. = not Listed. [C] Asterisk * indicates date and/or time uncertain within the List itself."

So our suppositions were correct.

Horrido!

Leo
Old 21st January 2009, 20:38

Re: what means "n.l." in Luftwaffe Claims lists

Thanks Léo!

I didn't have this explaination in the version of Wood's claims list I had.

Best regards

Mathias