Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 12th May 2016, 21:29
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road
New Me109 Wreck Discovered. ** Some Graphic Content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srTeisH09Ko

Lt. Friedrich-Karl Bühmann JG/52
Old 12th May 2016, 23:41

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: New Me109 Wreck Discovered. ** Some Graphic Content

Excellent, more Russian grave-robbers at work. Disgusting.
Old 13th May 2016, 02:56
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road
Re: New Me109 Wreck Discovered. ** Some Graphic Content

well...most of the wreck is going to the local museum...but I did not like how they handled his ring...should have left it with him, on his hand.

Mike
Old 13th May 2016, 07:33

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough

Sickening
Old 13th May 2016, 11:52

Andrey Kuznetsov is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have posted the news in question in the following topic:
http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=44975
In the topic the reference to the search group forum topic:
http://iskatelklada.tuapse.ru/forum/...109.html#19952

They try to find the pilot's relatives in Germany (incl. through Volksbund) to return them the pilot's personal property, including the ring. The ring was used obviously by several generations because diameter in rear part was changed. They tried to use ring image to identify the pilot because Bf109’s WNr was discovered later and because Volksbund’s initial identification through Dogtag number was incorrect for some unknown reason.

The search group members thought that Il-2 crashed in the place in question. It was planned to bury the mortal remains of the crew on the memorial cemetery with war honors as usual. But they has found the Bf109.
The rests of the founded German militaries will be buried on Volksbund cemetery probably, as usual.

The some forum members comments with labeling of unknown for them persons as “Russian grave-robbers” are disgusting certainly.

Best regards,
Andrey
Old 13th May 2016, 17:29
Alter Hase

ClinA-78 is on a distinguished road

Crude and rude method however.

ClinA-78
Old 13th May 2016, 20:22

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Kuznetsov View Post
Hello,

I have posted the news in question in the following topic:
http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=44975
In the topic the reference to the search group forum topic:
http://iskatelklada.tuapse.ru/forum/...109.html#19952

They try to find the pilot's relatives in Germany (incl. through Volksbund) to return them the pilot's personal property, including the ring. The ring was used obviously by several generations because diameter in rear part was changed. They tried to use ring image to identify the pilot because Bf109’s WNr was discovered later and because Volksbund’s initial identification through Dogtag number was incorrect for some unknown reason.

The search group members thought that Il-2 crashed in the place in question. It was planned to bury the mortal remains of the crew on the memorial cemetery with war honors as usual. But they has found the Bf109.
The rests of the founded German militaries will be buried on Volksbund cemetery probably, as usual.

The some forum members comments with labeling of unknown for them persons as “Russian grave-robbers” are disgusting certainly.

Best regards,
Andrey
I also think that some previous comments are too superficial, heavy and rude
Giampiero Piva
Old 13th May 2016, 22:16

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road

When you have family members whose graves were desecrated by marauding bands of Soviets, you'll get your back up. These guys are definitely not archaeologists, judging from the way they handled this dig. Indefensible.
Old 13th May 2016, 22:45

mathieu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtwinVince View Post
These guys are definitely not archaeologists, judging from the way they handled this dig. Indefensible.
I've seen photos from other salvage operation in western europe and in many cases they showed the same way of working as what you see on that Russian recovery. Now a days, in western europe, it is much more regulated and salvage/recovery by hobby people became less. On the other hand, if these people did not recover the remains of the pilot he would still be were he crashed, now there is a change that relatives will know what happened and get back the personel effects.
Old 14th May 2016, 02:33

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road
Is that Prestone (German equivalent) coolant in the hole?

At the 4:18 min mark (in the video) a green fluid appears in the bottom of the hole (that was dry before and dry after) and it's plainly visible until the 5:00 min mark. The liquid looks identical to the Prestone coolant then in use by American liquid-cooled aircraft, and I assume the backhoe punctured the header tank. Does this seem plausible?

Bronc
Closed Thread