Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2019, 13:25
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
If "12 O'Clock High is not—as we have warned time and again—going to be used to continue fights that started elsewhere" then I'm not sure why this grievance - which "started elsewhere" - is being given oxygen in the first place....
An enquiry about the progress of a project that people here had been helping with (and are still being invited to) is fair and the same goes for doubts whether something of such scope can feasibly be completed or viably published.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:19

Clint Mitchell is on a distinguished road

You have been desperate and goading for a public "set to" for some time Vasco.

Your involvement in the project relating to your rather simple and uncomplicated pet, the Bf 110 has been just that, simple and uncomplicated... The vast majority of new revelations regarding the technical aspects of the Bf 110 and its camouflage and markings practices have been developed by others with a keener eye than yourself. While you sit on the sidelines absorbing the findings to the benefit of your own new publishing projects.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:45
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough

Same old, same old, Mitchell.

You've banned me and Del Davis from your forum.

You now come on here and attack me, because I have asked Robert for an update.

I don't have to do anything, you just paint yourself in a worse light every time you post in this thread. It's there for all to see. What's the matter with you?

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 13th May 2019, 14:52

You've been doing the same for years Vasco. I just wont take your shit. Anyone reading these pages and elsewhere can see you goading and trying to instigate a public "set to" over the last few weeks. You mentioned me in person so this is my response. Make of it what you will.

You were banned for continually trying to start unprovoked fights with a certain researcher and for your contempt towards a certain publishing project and those involved with it. End of...
Old 13th May 2019, 14:57
Alter Hase

QED

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Old 13th May 2019, 14:59

What about accusing me of being "rof120":

"If I didn't know better, I would say you are a certain someone in disguise who owns another forum. For someone relatively new to this forum, you do appear to set about castigating and criticising certain members on here..."

To which you add the following:

"Come on, rof120, tell us all who you REALLY are.

Help a Scouser out here. Lob me an insult or ten.

I'm waiting. Take me on.

Perhaps, just perhaps, you are a total arsehole for writing this: "...Mr. Johm Beaman, certainly you are closing this thread (EOE) as well..." You don't like me questioning things? You don't like me stating facts? You TELL a Mod what he should do? Are you serious?

Are you he who is stated to be in posts #5 & 6? Open up, rof. Enlighten us all. Or have you run for cover?"

You give it all the "big I am" and then put on the "poor John Vasco being abused" act...
Old 13th May 2019, 15:03
Alter Hase

I don't see your name in what you have quoted at all.
I frequent many forums.
As I said before, I don't have to do anything, you just paint yourself in a worse light every time you post in this thread. It's there for all to see. What's the matter with you?

Old 13th May 2019, 15:04

rof120 is on a distinguished road
Adriano: just a detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
Dear all,

(…)

For those who have not yet Edited a book....privately or not...IT IS NOT EASY fellows....not easy....(…)
Adriano
Hello Adriano. I enjoy your posts but this is not the point now. It seems that (all?) languages which are more or less of Latin origin, i.e. Italian, French, Romanian, Spanish, Portugese, and also English to a large extent, and even German too (for a large part of Germany was Roman for a long time), have many words and also misunderstandings in common. The cause of the latter is the fact that at the origin there was a common Latin word but these languages underwent separate evolutions in the course of many centuries (at least 20).

This is why you used the word "edited" here ("edited a book"). It is not a crime of yours but it can be misleading to English-speaking people who are not aware of the many words which are common and different to English and other languages. I trust you meant people who PUBLISHED some books as publishers, i.e. those who check and scrutinize manuscripts, accept some of them for publication and then do all the necessary work (or toil) to actually find printers, have the text printed, sell and spread the copies (how many? 100 or rather 10,000?), pay the printers (no small amounts) and the author royalties etc.

Every time you have posted a message here at TOCH there is a button at the bottom with the word "Edit". This means that you can edit your text: not publish it as a book but make changes and corrections, modifications… This is what "edit" means. Publishing books is a publisher's job.

I am not trying to play schoolmaster and correct texts here, not at all, but this is one of the most frequent misunderstandings. Be very careful whenever an English word looks much the same as the corresponding word of your own language. In very numerous cases this is a trap and both words which look the same have different meanings. Some of the worst traps are "eventually", "actually" and also "gun", which most foreign people don't really understand.

Here are but a few examples - perhaps they can help a few people:

English: publisher(s)

French: éditeur or maison d'édition

Portugese: perhaps "editor" (?) - I don't know

German: Verleger or Verlagshaus ("publishing house")

Good luck for your work and your efforts.
Old 13th May 2019, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vasco View Post
I don't see your name in what you have quoted at all.
You know exactly who you were alluding to.
Old 13th May 2019, 15:12
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Adriano: just a detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rof120 View Post

I am not trying to play schoolmaster and correct texts here, not at all
Good, because that would be completely off-topic.

Now, if anyone wants to offer a clear progress report on the Eagles Over Europe project then great. Otherwise, how about we let this thread drop?

Tags
eagles, europe