Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 19th June 2020, 14:38
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: eBay: German intrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Regarding the TO, time to time we find, for the fighter units in the losses some TO, but for the Stuka or Bomber units quite never, maybe because TO didn't flew, or so seldomly that ...they are keen to fix their mark on the plane, nd for bombers only place suitable the fin

Rémi

Good luck with convincing a certain someone with that, Rémi!

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 19th June 2020, 15:19
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vasco View Post
Your post #1720: "...Yes, I DO SEE the connection John..."

So what is your problem?

And when you act like a twat, you deserve everything that comes at you. So stop acting like one, and you might get a bit more respect.

Now, I DO understand why so much people, here there fought with you John .. and don't respect you, indeed.
Old 19th June 2020, 15:22

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Stig Jarlevik - Could someone please advise what we are looking at? Can't see any known German helicopter in that photo.
It's the Breguet-Dorand Gyroplane Laboratoire.
Old 19th June 2020, 16:08
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Your post #1720: "...Yes, I DO SEE the connection John..."

So what is your problem?

And when you act like a twat, you deserve everything that comes at you. So stop acting like one, and you might get a bit more respect.
John,

Just what do you think you deserve when you're so ready to be angry with and curse out other forum members? They may in your view not achieve a sufficient standard of analytical acuity — does anyone? — but that's no reason not observe some elementary courtesy when posting. You too might get a bit more respect, which your research and writing unquestionably merit, were you less inclined to go on the attack.
Old 19th June 2020, 17:02
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Coates View Post
It's the Breguet-Dorand Gyroplane Laboratoire.
Ahhh

Thanks Steve!! That made my day!!
Nothing rusty with your identification skills

I was never really any good with these early helicopters, but it sure wasn't German....

Cheers
Stig
Old 19th June 2020, 20:25
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
John,
Just what do you think you deserve when you're so ready to be angry with and curse out other forum members? They may in your view not achieve a sufficient standard of analytical acuity — does anyone? — but that's no reason not observe some elementary courtesy when posting. You too might get a bit more respect, which your research and writing unquestionably merit, were you less inclined to go on the attack.
OK, Nick, let's look at the WHOLE conversation, eh?

Originally Posted by edwest2
Can you explain the chevron with a circle marking on the tail? It is new to me.

Originally Posted by ouidjat
That is (my) the question Ed. Never seen too.

Originally Posted by John Vasco
On 109s, the chevron-circle was the maring(sic - I missed the 'k' out) of the Technical Officer, placed forward of the fuselage cross.
That's all I can think of it - the aircraft of the TO.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OK, let's pause there, Nick. I posted a reasonable suggestion as to the 'chevron-circle'.
No one has the definitive answer. I simply posted a suggestion.
OK so far.

Then this:
Thanks John,
Yes, but that wasn't my question.

What? You asked about the chevron and circle, and I posted a suggestion.

I then posted, again in a reasonable manner:
The point I was making, Franck, was that what is known as the TO's marking on 109s might also be equally applicable to that He 111. Do you not see the connection?
The response, and the introduction of capital letters:
Yes, I DO SEE the connection John but "IS THAT SYMBOL ON HE 111 RUDDER A REALLY STAB SYMBOL" or another thing with another meaning since I never seen stab symbol on bombers' rudders.
Is it so difficult to understand ?

Do you see where this is going, Nick...? I give a simple possible explanation, and the guy keeps coming back at me. Do I just sit back and take being made out to be a fool?

My response:
Neither have I. But with the Luftwaffe, anything is possible. Is it not impossible that that a stab symbol has been placed on the rudder? Is it so difficult to understand?
Fucks sake!!!

The capitals, and the questioning of whether something is difficult to understand is basically an insult to my intelligence, and my attempt to try to make sense of that marking on the rudder. Hence my bolded and underlined sentence, and my last two words of exasperation. I offer a reasonable suggestion, and he continues to take a rise out of me. Well, if one does that, I do not cower down and acquiesce.

Then he posts this:
Okay,
does one fellow member know another example of He 111, Ju 88 ... wearing a Stab symbol on rudder ?
Regards,
Franck.

Now if you look back to his original post regarding the chevron-circle, that wasn't his original question. This encompasses his original question: edwest2"...Can you explain the chevron with a circle marking on the tail? It is new to me. Originally Posted by ouidjat That is (my) the question Ed..."
My reply:
That is NOT the point, Franck! Can you not see that?
It is a TO symbol normally seen on 109s, but that symbol is seen here on a He 111 rudder. A potential 'one-off', or a marking not previously seen. THAT is the point!
Jeez, how much more explaining do I have to give you!!!

No, I don't see the point.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'll just leave it there at this point.

If you think I'm the baddie, or the shit-stirrer in this, then fine, there's nothing I can do to change that. But go read the exchange again from the top of this post. If someone insults me on here (or tries to take a rise out of me) or anywhere else, it ain't a free pass for them...

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Old 19th June 2020, 21:04
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

[quote=John Vasco;290707]OK, Nick, let's look at the WHOLE conversation, eh?
/QUOTE]

No, let's not. Life's too short.

[quote=John Vasco;290707]If someone insults me on here (or tries to take a rise out of me) or anywhere else, it ain't a free pass for them.../QUOTE]

It's eminently possible to respond to real or imagined slights (or posts that you find exasperating) without immediate recourse to fury. As far as I have a policy in moderating this forum it's that it's not a place to fight, so if you or anyone else wants to shout and swear at someone, take it off-board please.
Old 19th June 2020, 21:21
Alter Hase

[quote=Nick Beale;290709][quote=John Vasco;290707]OK, Nick, let's look at the WHOLE conversation, eh?
/QUOTE]

No, let's not. Life's too short.

Quote:
If someone insults me on here (or tries to take a rise out of me) or anywhere else, it ain't a free pass for them.../QUOTE]

It's eminently possible to respond to real or imagined slights (or posts that you find exasperating) without immediate recourse to fury. As far as I have a policy in moderating this forum it's that it's not a place to fight, so if you or anyone else wants to shout and swear at someone, take it off-board please.
I see not one word of reprimand to the initial protagonist, Nick. Think about that - READ who was the initial protagonist. Instead you say you won't. Well that's a real good way to administer a site - NOT! You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting that!

Not the first time you have gone against me. What is your problem with me?

I really must seriously question as to whether I should provide any further information or suggestions on here as long as you are one of the Admins. Unfortunately, I have to say you do not work on an even-handed basis, but in a biased way. And that is obvious to anyone who reads these last couple of pages...

Old 19th June 2020, 22:01

Clint Mitchell is on a distinguished road

[quote=Nick Beale;290709]
Quote:
I have to say you do not work on an even-handed basis, but in a biased way. And that is obvious to anyone who reads the TOCH forum ..
Old 19th June 2020, 22:09
Super Moderator

I cannot tell you how much I value your input, Clint. Was there anything you wanted to add about the thread topic, German interest photos on ebay?