Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 10th January 2019, 19:36

Sirkmicky is on a distinguished road
Axis inspection stamps?

Totally not certain, but these (small) parts are believed to originate from a Bf109 K-version? Thanks for your comment and expertise!
Old 11th January 2019, 08:14
Alter Hase

ClinA-78 is on a distinguished road
Re: Axis inspection stamps?

unlikely...
What is its story?

ClinA-78
Old 11th January 2019, 20:17

Well, for more info about this crashsite see my earlier thread: "Hypothese on a Belgian Bodenplatte crash-site". Only that the location described in this earlier thread is wrong. Just last month I discovered a new possible location which is only 1500m from the one described in my earlier thread. And after a prospection on site these small parts were found. So it is undoubtedly a crashsite, where not more than a handfull parts were found. Is it coincidence or is it realy from this Bf109? To confirm the link between the WWII picture and the parts I need somebody who can confirm these stamps coming from a Bf109....
Old 12th January 2019, 19:24
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Hi, I think not German. Very unlike German standards.

Seem more like ones seen in British, Hawker or Fairy Battle a/c.

Best
Ed
Old 13th January 2019, 11:31

Thanks for your reply Ed. Someone else told it were parts from a Stirling bomber. But I had my doubts. Regarding the quantity and size of parts found on site... Hereby some other pictures of the parts. Someone a clue?
Old 13th January 2019, 23:48

Versuch is on a distinguished road

Page 2 ,Seems to show the brass leading edge for a wooden propellor, as far as I am aware Stirlings had metal.

Cheers Mike
Old 14th January 2019, 15:39

Superb info Mike. Indeed could be part of the leading edge of a prop blade! I have lots of information about the many crashsites in the neighbourhood from several sources (also the local people stories). If it was a big Allied airplane I would have known by those sources. And the fact that the Y-32 RAF/USAAF airfield was just 1500m away from this crashsite, they probably would have made notice of an Allied crash in their documents (wich are all on microfilmreels), what they didn't. So, or the crash happened early in the War (which I doubt), or in the hectic period at the end of the War, when crashsites were not so well described, definitely not the Axis ones. Therefore I still believe in the possibility of a 109 (Bodenplatte 01-01-1945). I think 109’s also sometimes had wooden prop blades? Another possibility is that this crash is from an Avro 504K registration A-12 (Belgian Airforce training school) which crashed in this region on 17/12/21 (exact location not known)?