Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 3rd December 2022, 18:10

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road
Re: Ju88 Vertical Stabiliser Panel

As a long time collector, my only comment on prices is that it is purely subjective, and based only on what a particular individual is willing to pay.
Old 3rd December 2022, 23:38
Alter Hase

Revi16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison987 View Post
Given the fact that I am one of the largest Luft dealers in the world...I can pretty say that everything on that auction went for 2x what they should have. I have had 3 Ju88 panels, and never paid more than $2500-$3000...and those all had history.

I bought a complete Ju52 vertical stabilizer (not just a panel) with the swastika 80% complete on one side for the same price the OP paid for this single panel...and a complete Me109 stabilizer with a swastika on both sides for $6K.

So all things considered...yes...the OP overpaid based on the current market.

Sounds like you bought without the competition of someone willing to pay more. When you sell an item do you accept the highest offer or only accept the third highest offer so someone doesn't over pay?

All the Revi's, Luft gear, etc. that I've had were bought for less than what they sell for now, times and prices change. One item for $100 the next item for $1000, etc. it's all subjective.

Hey Max, if you want another Ju88 panel Harrison987 has them for $2500-$3000.

Last edited by Revi16; 4th December 2022 at 00:46.
Old 4th December 2022, 01:22

Max Wünsche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snautzer View Post
@max w:so you tell me the factories knew to what outfits with what specific cammo the had to make spare/reserve skin parts for?
I never said the Factory did this specific piece...

I was merely relaying what my friend stated that fuselage and other pieces were delivered with balkenkreuz and swastika and that whatever pieces could be done prior to installation were done to save time.

Or do you think aircraft were delivered to airfields (in combat zones) with nothing more than an undercoat or bare metal. For sure I have seen this with Allied aircraft, but not Luftwaffe.

My piece could have had the Swaz painted at the airfield, who knows, the result is still the same as it was all to save time and not have to do it insitu.

I have seen numerous aircraft that look like a patchwork quilt with differing panels later in the war and then of course camo would be added / adjusted as required in the field.
Even then, for the sake of expediency, there were replacement parts and panels that were never repainted and this is also evident from period photos.

Seriously, you have been a member here for how long and cannot figure that out...?

It amazing me that people love to pick the crap out of clearly original pieces for their own entertainment...

Last edited by Max Wünsche; 4th December 2022 at 02:00.
Old 4th December 2022, 01:41

Cool Re: Ju88 Vertical Stabiliser Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison987 View Post
Given the fact that I am one of the largest Luft dealers in the world...I can pretty say that everything on that auction went for 2x what they should have. I have had 3 Ju88 panels, and never paid more than $2500-$3000...and those all had history.

I bought a complete Ju52 vertical stabilizer (not just a panel) with the swastika 80% complete on one side for the same price the OP paid for this single panel...and a complete Me109 stabilizer with a swastika on both sides for $6K.

So all things considered...yes...the OP overpaid based on the current market.
Spoken like a true dealer!

That is interesting if not contradictory given that everything on your site is of a similar price if not more in comparison. I am more than happy to buy any Luft panels from you for a similar or comparable condition to mine for the prices you have stated.

The only full Ju52 stabiliser that I had seen also came out of Norway and was listed for ages at around the price you stated and did not sell... It then reappeared on the biggest German Militaria dealers site, Helmut Weitze, who had it listed for 11,000 - 12,000 euros which then sold.

By stating you have bought Ju88 panels at that price is misleading as you would need to state specific dates and sources... Sure, you bought a Ju88 panel for $2500 8+ years ago, whoop-de-do! That has no bearing whatsoever on prices in recent years.

If you paid that price in private deals, again, more power to you, but that has no bearing on retail prices in the past 3+ years as I have already stated the known panels that sold at auction or via dealer and all were at the same or more price of my panel.

Again, if you have or can find a panel that for sub - $3000 in the past few years then I would be amazed. I too recall panels selling for what now seems like peanuts, but that was back when I did not collect them.

Last edited by Max Wünsche; 4th December 2022 at 03:33.
Old 4th December 2022, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtwinVince View Post
As a long time collector, my only comment on prices is that it is purely subjective, and based only on what a particular individual is willing to pay.
Totally, and I had done my homework over several years in both bidding and watching these panels sell.

I knew full well the prices that previous panels had sold for and I would not have bid more than what the hammer price was.
Old 4th December 2022, 13:42
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Wünsche View Post
I never said the Factory did this specific piece...

I was merely relaying what my friend stated that fuselage and other pieces were delivered with balkenkreuz and swastika and that whatever pieces could be done prior to installation were done to save time.

Or do you think aircraft were delivered to airfields (in combat zones) with nothing more than an undercoat or bare metal. For sure I have seen this with Allied aircraft, but not Luftwaffe.

My piece could have had the Swaz painted at the airfield, who knows, the result is still the same as it was all to save time and not have to do it insitu.

I have seen numerous aircraft that look like a patchwork quilt with differing panels later in the war and then of course camo would be added / adjusted as required in the field.
Even then, for the sake of expediency, there were replacement parts and panels that were never repainted and this is also evident from period photos.

Seriously, you have been a member here for how long and cannot figure that out...?

It amazing me that people love to pick the crap out of clearly original pieces for their own entertainment...
I know a bit more then most i think i can say. I recall painting instruction for spare sheet parts and a few pictures i have seen over the time.
Btw No need to be an ass. You are obviously in love with it. So good luck and enjoy.
Old 4th December 2022, 22:47

Thumbs up Re: Ju88 Vertical Stabiliser Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snautzer View Post
I know a bit more then most i think i can say. I recall painting instruction for spare sheet parts and a few pictures i have seen over the time.
Btw No need to be an ass. You are obviously in love with it. So good luck and enjoy.
I apologise for my abruptness in the earlier post as it seems to be the norm these days when people post items on forums that there are people that try to pick the crap out of it and not believe it is the real deal.

I just thought that this is what you were trying to do.

I can appreciate that discussion is needed as that is the point of these forums, but there are so many out there that just like to poo-poo items they don't have.

Once again, apologies for my earlier comments.