Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Old 27th December 2011, 22:17

Carl Schwamberger is on a distinguished road
Gyroscopic Flight Controls & Missiles

Any experts who can bring me up to speed on this subject? My knowledge dates back to elementary school, with a brief update in the artillery basic course thirty years ago. What I am after is how difficult it was to apply these to rocket/missiles in the 1940s & 1950s and how effective they were?

About all I can remember is they influence yaw and pitch, which helps reduce the circular probable error from the aimpoint. Niggly little details like which missiles had gyroscopic controls installed & how effective they were are eluding my google searches.

Thanks for any help
Old 27th December 2011, 23:02

Carl Schwamberger is on a distinguished road
Re: Gyroscopic Flight Controls & Missiles

abonnement