Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2019, 01:23
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: Galland’s victories on June 3, 1940 (Paris area) – A new element

Dear Yves

Not sure why you imply you are Swedish fluent. Has it anything to do with the topic or are you just trying to show off?

Neither do I understand why you call me variously with SJ, ST and JP nor why you sign your message with "Cheers Stig"

You say you have no admiration as such for Galland. Well starting three different messages with basically the same topic, to prove Galland claimed two victories on June 3rd instead of June 9th is perhaps more to be sorted under obsession than admiration, but let us not delve into psychology since it would be to stray outside the topic itself.

The interesting point is that you for some reason seems to have every issue of every major translation made by Galland's books. Just so I am not missing something can you please scan two perhaps even three pages from the 1992 German edition of the T-C book so I can personally satisfy myself it is completely re-written by Galland. Perhaps you also have something in writing which confirm that? Quite frankly I have never come across anyone before who collects every translation made of a book by any individual. Obsession? Sorry, we should leave that out of the picture....

Am I correct in interpreting your answer that only the German edition of "Fighter General" is edited/re-written by Galland and that the 1999 Schiffer edition is simply a re-print of the 1990 original AmPress edition? Since you have mentioned the Schiffer book at least twice in your three messages I must wonder in such a case why you never mentioned the original book from 1990 called "Fighter General"?

This re-writing done by Galland is intriguing. It is quite unusual, I think, since I have never come across that before. That books are edited when translated, yes indeed, but that usually is by footnotes. Changing any text would in fact be a legal issue, so I take it the German publisher do have some kind of legal document saying the two American authors agreed to that? Since you must have seen that, I take it you have some kind of copy (or can produce one), so we all can see that?

Even more interesting to me is that the main topic of your messages (the two claims from June 3rd) was not edited into the 1992 German edition. That could hardly have been any problem for Galland, since after all, all he needed to do was to look in his first book, it is all there!

It is interesting you state you have actually no evidence of any of Galland's victories, but you obviously have a list written (by him ?) in 1985, presumably giving all his claims and not only his first 14? Whatever, can we have a scan of that please? So far I have never seen a claim list made out by the late General himself, so it would be very interesting for everyone here on TOCH to see it.

Finally I have to direct my apologies to all TOCH members for being so wordy, but I am fascinated by the whole situation.
Yves, so far you have not produced a single evidence that Galland was correct. Everything you bring up could easily be dismissed as heresay.
Don't you think it is time you produce something useful, both for me (as a strict amateur) and for all others, some at least who can be called semi-professionals? I am sure they are as interested as I am.

Cheers
Stig
Old 17th May 2019, 01:23
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

The 1992 book published by Herbig Verlag is still available.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-sear...vor-constable/

Usual disclaimer,
Ed
Old 17th May 2019, 17:19

rof120 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
ROF 120,

Same topic AGAIN?

What's the new point now?

According to you Galland had 2 victories on the 3rd June...but what about his Abschüssmeldung(s) for that particular day?

Was he flying alone or with a Rottenflieger? What about this wingman saying or mission report?

What is your "reliable source"? Your interview with Galland? His Flugbuch do proves those 2 claims? Was it signed by his Gruppenkommandeur or Kommodore testifying it is ok?

Do show us more evidences please...Any of the French pilots survived? Did they written reports of their combats and identified what shot them down?

Am a bit confused here...are you trying to sell your book via this Fórum or your Blog (or the book you translated and added information on your Blog) ? It seems so...every time you points to your site or Blog, or book....seems a bit strange.

I mean it is amazing to share with others the work of years, very nice indeed...once...but on every thread I do not know.

Again I do sumarize up in just one phrase: what is really amazing in life is that…”you reap what you sow”.

Again: NO ONE here is competing to be the leading expert on LW, RAF, USAAF, Galland, J E Johnson or whatever other theme...

Adriano Silva Baumgartner, ASV 00.344
The new point? I explained this in the first post of this thread. Please read it at least once.

Abschuss (not Abschüss) -meldungen. In German handwriting they mostly (or always?) add a bent stroke above an ordinary u. It can look like an ü then but it's still an u (without Umlaut). I don't think that these documents survived the war - like most other ones.

Galland's wingman was captain von Ankum-Frank (G. forgot the "von"), as I clearly wrote in my first post (closed thread) "A Galland-mystery…", right now on page 3 here. It seems hat A-F (II./JG 27) didn't win any victory on this occasion. He was KIA (date unknown to me) having won 3 (found in the history ("Dokumentation") of JG 27 by Ring and Girbig, Motorbuch Verlag). Mission report etc.? You know better than that. Everybody knows that most documents were destroyed at the end of WW II according to a nazi order. Surviving documents are few and far between.

AB: "What is your "reliable source"?

- I will not disclose the identity of this source. Perhaps I'll be able to ask for permission to do so but I don't know when. The fact remains that this source really is extremely reliable. What proves this? My word and I'm not going to argue with anybody on this.

(…) His Flugbuch do proves those 2 claims?
- Never seen, as I already stated.

AB: Any of the French pilots survived?

- See my first post, today on page 3. French sergent Jost.

AB: Did they write reports of their combats and identify what shot them down?

- Again, you know better than that. It was very rare that the victims knew who or which aircraft had shot them down. In most cases they were either killed or wounded and they had other concerns, like baling out (in this case too), than carefully looking at the insignia and other markings on the enemy fighter. The more so when their victor had come from behind (the most frequent situation) and remained unseen by the victim. Possibly Galland's second Morane was the victim of a beam attack - in this case it was even more impossible to identify a particular aircraft showing itself from the front. In almost all air battles enemy pilots didn't care about markings etc.: they had other concerns.

Of course if they had known that Adriano Baumgartner would ask 79 years later they certainly would have obliged and carefully have made notices in their notebook and with their cameras shot several photographs of their victors before leaving their burning aircraft. Why didn't you, or your father, tell them? Now I'm asking the same kind of questions as you do.

AB: Am a bit confused here...are you trying to sell your book via this Fórum or your Blog (or the book you translated and added information on your Blog) ? It seems so...every time you points to your site or Blog, or book....seems a bit strange.

-What is strange here apart from you? I have nothing to sell even if asked nicely. Look better at all the other posts and threads. Innumerable guys here make publicity for their books (I don't mind at all, quite on the contrary) or ask for help or information for these books. In many instances some book-title is part of their signature at the bottom of each post. Same thing for blog-URLs. I found quite a few really useful. I consider it useful to many persons at TOCH that I give this URL where they can find innumerable informations, details and photographs on aviation in general, on Galland and other airmen, on various aircraft, on combat tactics etc. (some of the rubrics, or columns, have no connection to aviation). "EVEN" if all the texts are in French.

AB: Again: NO ONE here is competing to be the leading expert on LW, RAF, USAAF, Galland, J E Johnson or whatever other theme...

- Correct. I never even thought of "competing" in this way. I'm certainly not a leading expert on anything and I'm not trying to be.

Now I'm quite a bit tired of this…

Alles Gute.

Last edited by rof120; 17th May 2019 at 19:18.
Old 17th May 2019, 19:50
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rof120 View Post
I will not disclose the identity of this source. Perhaps I'll be able to ask for permission to do so but I don't know when. The fact remains that this source really is extremely reliable. What proves this? My word and I'm not going to argue with anybody on this.
There is no point in starting a thread here if your position boils down to nothing better than “You’ll just have to take my word for it”. Nor is there any point in initiating a discussion if you are unwilling to countenance the most basic methods of historical enquiry — e.g. looking for independent corroboration from contemporary sources.

Quote:
Now I'm quite a bit tired of this
You would do well to consider that many others may feel the same.
Old 17th May 2019, 21:53
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Dear Moderators, we all have been tired indeed, but do allow me just this last answer.

I do promiss this is my last post here for quite a time...

__

Dear Yves (ROF 120)

Just to quote or share a saying from a book from my Country: “Your heart speaks so loud that I can not hear what you say".

Most of us are already fathers or grandfathers here and; apparently, from what I see on some of your threads on this Forum and the information that cames from your blog, you seems to have been very well Educated (fluent in several languages, etc.).

In spite of that, on your first thread about Galland’s claims you did not apologized for a well known German writer and member of this Forum/Board. You also did not apologized for the other members either, the way the thread started. You had the opportunity to do so.
Quoting your last message: “Why didn't you, or your father, tell them?”

We do not need to go this low as civilized persons, do we?

I do guess (supposition) that we all here on this Forum do have the same passion for Aeronautical and Military History. That’s what links us, in spite of our social, economical, cultural, ethnical, religious, birthday dates, Historical knowledge, backgrounds and differences.

I do believe that my previous thread was questioning Historical evidences that could or should have supported your theory for those two claims of one of the greatest Aviators of History. Period.

As far as I see or even re-reading what I posted, I have not:

a) offended you personally;
b) offended or mentioned any member of your Family directly.

Do you see, my late father passed away some years ago. He was my greatest friend and Example in life. He concluded his Ph.D in France, enabling us, as Family to live (4 years), to know and to visit your country, from North to South; which we consider one of the greatest experiences we had in life, as Human Beings. It is a lovely country indeed and we do love it as ours.

I remember meeting (like you met Galland) a former Eichenlaubträger (I may made some mistakes in German, sorry…my knowledge of this Language is near zero indeed as you pointed on your answer). He remembered me a combat against a Short Stirling that he shot down on a precise date he informed me, at night. He clearly remembered the tail separating from the fuselage of this British four-engined bomber and everything falling out. Well, he showed me the Bomber Command War Diaries (Middlebrook work) informing that “his” claim was not there, on the date he said he claimed it. This extensive book was deeply researched cross-checked with the ORB(s) and several archives. So, there was NO Stirling loss that night…

His own memory of this combat was so clear to me…but after some 51 years after the end of WW2, was his memory so clear regarding the precise date of this combat?

For some of us who fly or flew, both as civilian or military pilots, can we remember our 10th solo flight precisely? How many landings had we done on that 10th solo? What about the wind? We may remember the 1st solo, surely…it is something one do never forget in one’s life…but what we did on the 10th solo…after some 23 years, personally I don’t. Unless one’s do write a Diary (like Mouchotte for instance), we may remember precise events (maybe without dates), not a fully career in crescent order.

What I want to express here Yves is that:
Even if you interviewed him (Galland or his Wingman), or reviewed with Galland himself all his list of victories, during your visit in Germany; Galland’s memory, after thousands of combats and flights; circa of 100 hundred plus victories could have been affected by the time…One’s tend to mix events or things, if we do not have notes, a Logbook on our side, or additional data on our side.

Please do let me share with you this passage from an Academic Historian. Not being a professional translator, I indeed humbly used online translation for that purpose. It may contain mistakes and am sorry for that. The British and American born can correct me, or this sentence below, if it contains mistakes:

"Historical knowledge is necessarily based on testimonies or documents: "Pas de documents, pas d'Histoire". Now, in order to give them credit, I must prove three things: 1. That the documents communicate to me a certain event: it is the examination of reality 2. That the witness has been in favorable conditions to know the truth of the communicated fact: it is the question of the competence of the source 3. That the witness has no reason to lie: it is the question of the sincerity of the source. "(Van Den Besselaar, p.44 - 1974)

So, Yves, without documents, we will go nowhere regarding those Galland’s claims. Maybe you managed to interview the French pilot who survived or Galland’s wingman….do not know. Why your secret source is so secret that you can not share it here?

Yes, I knew that some of the LW archives were either buried or destroyed (this Gruppenkommandeur I met twice, back in 1996, told me he ordered his Gruppe Archives to be buried to not fall in Allied hands). I wrongly thought that, maybe, General Galland had the chance to save some documents that you could have had the chance or opportunity either to photograph or scan or see; like one of his Abschussmeldungen (thanks for correcting me) or you could have found a French Air Force combat report supporting your theory for the 3rd June 1940, etc…

This is why I, like other members of the Forum asked for documents or evidences previously.

Wish you and yours a nice week, in health and peace.

Most humble and sincerely yours,
Adriano Silva Baumgartner, ASV 00.344
Old 17th May 2019, 22:19

BrianC is on a distinguished road

Well said, Adriano

Don't abandon the Forum

Cheers
Brian
Old 17th May 2019, 22:23

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough

Adriano,

I agree with Brian - please do not leave the forum.

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122
Old 18th May 2019, 18:12

rof120 is on a distinguished road
Reply to all

Unfortunately time is in very short supply to me right now. I hope you don’t mind my replying to all of you in one single post.
==============
Stig Jarlevik
17th May 2019, 00:23

Re: Galland’s victories on June 3, 1940……

Not sure why you imply you are Swedish fluent.

- Yes I am but…

Has it anything to do with the topic

- Nothing.

or are you just trying to show off?

- Inte det heller – oh, sorry, not this either. I’m not the type to show off – believe it or not. My Swedish words were just meant as a harmless little joke (call it a poor joke or stupid if you like) and I feel they didn’t harm anybody. OK, maybe I was a fool but lots of people here insert German or French words in their posts – for the same reasons I think.

Here is a sample:

Wir greifen schon an!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!

I guess you know who adds these two German sentences at the end of each post. It has been bothering me for many years and I find it silly but well, if this author likes them it’s OK for me. You can see, too, that other people than myself add some URLs (we can see this very often).

Neither do I understand why you call me variously with SJ, ST and JP

- Boy o boy, you’re perfectly right. I guess I was much more tired than I had bargained for (I was very tired as a matter of fact – even if you don’t believe it I am only human). I feel the various abbreviations I wrongly used for your name are evidence enough. Sorry: I apologise for these terrible errors.

I know I’m silly but SJ is also the abbreviation for the Swedish State Railways: SJ = Statens Järnvägar. So you’re an iron man (järn is iron; I know you know but the other guys don’t). Now I’m scared (and silly, I know).

nor why you sign your message with "Cheers Stig"

- I didn’t sign like this, I left your own signature where it was for I had quoted you profusely (a great honor for you). OK, maybe I was wrong – and tired.

SJ: You say you have no admiration as such for Galland.

- I would not quite say that. I do admire Galland for his great skills – mainly as a pilot – his cleverness and for his courage, his bravery in battle in the face of extremely dangerous enemies AND in the face of Hitler and Göring themselves. He was quite outspoken when he met them, which hardly anybody else dared be (one of the others was tank general Guderian). Eventually Göring wanted him shot as a scapegoat (in the stupid hope of concealing he was no good for his god, Hitler) and Galland escaped execution quite narrowly because Lützow (others say Speer – perhaps both) had intervened by Hitler himself in the middle of the night, which was something absolutely unique for he had forbidden this and his generals didn’t dare wake him up even when the Allied landings in Normandy had begun!

SJ: Well starting three different messages with basically the same topic (…).

- The reasons for 2 more posts are obvious enough. No need to explain again.

SJ: The interesting point is that you for some reason seem to have every issue of every major translation made by Galland's books.

- Just have a look at the Internet – search for Adolf Galland, in English only. In thousands of instances Galland is called “the greatest fighter pilot of WW II, the greatest fighter leader, the most important man in this respect”, etc. and so on. I am not trying to follow the mainstream or the huge herd of sheep. No but this makes clear how important (to WW II and to air fighting) and how INTERESTING Galland was.

I purchased countless books on WW II and on air war or technology in German, English and French and I am still doing this. It has been going on for decades. No wonder I purchased several books on Galland or written by him during such a long period. I have my own reasons for being interested in a few of their translations (if any) too. It’s my own private privilege and pleasure. I feel I need not explain every single move I make. This would be overstretching readers’ patience.

SJ: Just so I am not missing something can you please scan two perhaps even three pages from the 1992 German edition of the T-C book so I can personally satisfy myself it is completely re-written by Galland.

- Sorry but this is unrealistic. How can you be satisfied (= certain; I am adding this mainly for French readers in order to avoid misunderstandings) that 3 pages were re-written by Galland? They were but I can’t see how this text proves it. Remember that the German book still is signed by Toliver and Constable – officially. So contrary to “The First and the Last” it doesn’t say “I…” but “he…” (“he” is Galland, seen by T-C).

SJ: Perhaps you also have something in writing which confirm that?

- Nothing but you can easily have a confirmation: just ask Galland’s German publishing company, which is Herbig in München (Munich). I think they don’t consider this a secret any more after 27 years or so have elapsed. Just email them and ask. I’m interested in learning what they’ll answer to you.

SJ: Quite frankly I have never come across anyone before who collects every translation made of a book by any individual.

- This is a wild overclaiming, much the same as when RAF pilots claimed 35 victories for 3 actual ones… I purchased the 1992 edition because I knew it had been re-written by Galland so I wanted to have an up-to-date version of his (auto)biography. A lot of things were still secret 1953 when his first book was released. In the meantime lots of archive documents had become open in Germany as well as in the UK and the USA.

Obsession? Sorry, we should leave that out of the picture....

- But you don’t. Anyway, I am not obsessed by Galland nor by anything else. Remember: all this fuss started when I quite innocently asked if someone – possibly J. Prien – could explain the discrepancies between June 3 and June 6, 9, 14 or whatever. I was very surprised by a storm of criticism and vicious attacks. I had just asked a question. Perhaps some people feel that this question endangers their infallible stories written by infallible persons and they don’t want to change anything for fear of looking foolish. I don’t know. As far as I’m concerned I am always glad and grateful when someone corrects an error I made: this makes it possible for me to improve what I know, think or write.

SJ: Am I correct in interpreting your answer that only the German edition of "Fighter General" is edited/re-written by Galland and that the 1999 Schiffer edition is simply a re-print of the 1990 original AmPress edition?

- No. You didn’t get it. The 1999 edition is an American translation of the 1992 German text. This is exactly what I wrote about Schiffer’s edition (it’s printed in the book itself on page 4, as I already explained). How many times do you want me to repeat the same information? Then you can wail, weep and cry because my posts are much too long. I don’t know how we can explain any complex questions in 3 words.

SJ: Since you have mentioned the Schiffer book at least twice in your three messages I must wonder in such a case why you never mentioned the original book from 1990 called "Fighter General"?

- Look again.

SJ: It is interesting you state you have actually no evidence of any of Galland's victories, but you obviously have a list written (by him ?) in 1985, presumably giving all his claims and not only his first 14?

- Only 14.

Whatever, can we have a scan of that please?

- As soon as I succeed in unearthing it from my 100 moving boxes. The Galland-boxes were marked by myself. Just be a little patient (I have a few other concerns and duties).

SJ: Yves, so far you have not produced a single evidence that Galland was correct.

- Oh yes I have but strangely several guys here seem not to know how to read. How often do I have to repeat it? Some people criticize me for repeating myself, which I feel is wrong, but then they ask me to do so!

1. The two (in fact 3) Galland victories on June 3, 1940 were described in detail (except the first one, the “Curtiss” which was a Bloch 152) by Galland himself. He was not a fool, not an old man either, talking nonsense: his age was 41-42. He was entirely reorganizing (almost creating) and modernizing the Argentine Air Force. This story in his own book is historical evidence. The former German general of all fighter forces knew what he was talking about. This description of an air battle perhaps would not be sufficient (I feel it is) but

2. It is simply impossible that a 1940 German soldier could be wrong about the precise day on which he fought very close to Paris ( flying at 5,000-7,000 m, even 3,000, was almost the same as flying over Paris) because Paris was a legend to any German person. What’s more he shot down three (3) French fighters during this single sortie. This doesn’t happen every day except for phoneys like Wick and Balthasar, who repeatedly claimed 3 and even 4 enemy fighters s/d in the same sortie (over France and over England). So Galland certainly remembered this particular sortie to Paris with 3 victories perfectly well. THIS EXCEPTIONAL, UNIQUE DAY COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE MIXED UP WITH ANOTHER DAY.

3. Galland actually collided with his first victim, damaging the propeller and the fin of his 109 and losing the radio antenna mast. This, too, can’t be mixed up with some other mission on some other day.

4. You believe nothing which comes from France do you (all)? I stressed that Galland’s two victories on Moranes from GC I/6 are perfectly confirmed by French sources. Even the crash places match informations of French origin so you can follow Galland’s flight path on a map of the Paris region. I have got such a map.

5. Galland confirmed this version several times including in a list of his 14 first victories he drew up and circulated 1985 (and perhaps in other years too). He had no reason to confirm this version if it was wrong. It did not change anything in his score as compared with victories won on other days but not on June 3. He did correct errors systematically and he was not ashamed at all (there was no reason). Quite on the contrary YOU (all) IGNORE EVERY ARGUMENT THAT PROVES YOU WRONG. Repeat: proves you wrong. See points 1-5 above, they do prove it, period.

SJ: Everything you bring up could easily be dismissed as hearsay.

- Please do, this is your private pleasure. Dismiss, I could not care less. I suspect we have the origin of all this “scepticism” here: some people enjoy to look “important”, “clever” and “well-informed” when they stubbornly claim that obviously correct information is wrong and conversely. They also enjoy to systematically contradict others.

Now some highly distinguished people are going to scream that my tone is not acceptable, “forgetting” in which tone I am being criticized and contradicted here.

SJ: Don't you think it is time you produce something useful (…)

- Sigh and re-sigh! I did just that including in this very post and before. This is where it ends. I don’t find it funny.

TOCHs readers actually seem to be interested in the information and details published by myself, probably by the discussion too. 655 views since May 15 at 20.32 hours (in less than 3 days) is not too bad for my uninteresting explanations – and this is still going strong once more. I feel the number of visits is a good criterion because so many people cannot be completely wrong on such a straightforward discussion: did Galland win 2 victories on June 3, 1940 or was it on another day? I reject the false “explanation” according to which people rush to look at an argument for they enjoy a dispute. This “explanation” is a bit too simple.
==============================

17th May 2019, 20:53
Adriano Baumgartner

(…)

(…) you did not apologize for a well known German writer and member of this Forum/Board.

- I just re-read what I wrote and I don’t see why I ought to apologise. I insulted nobody. I just remarked that Prien’s version differs from Galland’s. This is simply a fact. Read it gain. What is it here at TOCH? We already know “it’s not a bloody democracy” but what is it, a bloody dictatorship in which nobody has the right to say otherwise than the Few Great and Clever Ones? Nonsense. If they fear that my remarks could jeopardize the sales of their books this is an error, they can’t. So be reassured, no loss of turnover caused by me.

AB: Quoting your last message: “Why didn't you, or your father, tell them?”

We do not need to go this low as civilized persons, do we?

- You don’t notice when someone is joking do you. All right, I was joking. I never meant to insult your father either or anybody else at that.

I do guess (supposition) that we all here on this Forum do have the same passion for Aeronautical and Military History. That’s what links us, in spite of our social, economical, cultural, ethnical, religious, birthday dates, Historical knowledge, backgrounds and differences.

AB: As far as I see or even re-reading what I posted, I have not:

a) offended you personally; - I NEVER CLAIMED THAT
b) offended or mentioned any member of your Family directly. I NEVER CLAIMED THAT EITHER.

AB: Do you see, my late father passed away some years ago. He was my greatest friend and Example in life. He concluded his Ph.D in France, enabling us, as Family to live (4 years), to know and to visit your country, from North to South; which we consider one of the greatest experiences we had in life, as Human Beings. It is a lovely country indeed and we do love it as ours.

- I find this extremely fine.

(……)

AB: What I want to express here Yves is that:
Even if you interviewed him (Galland or his Wingman), or reviewed with Galland himself all his list of victories, during your visit in Germany; Galland’s memory, after thousands of combats and flights; circa of 100 hundred plus victories could have been affected by the time…One’s tend to mix events or things, if we do not have notes, a Logbook on our side, or additional data on our side.

- Galland most probably HAD. I never asked him if he was able to prove what he had written for I was trying to be polite.

AB: So, Yves, without documents, we will go nowhere regarding those Galland’s claims.

- There ARE some documents: possibly Galland’s logbook and victory reports, I don’t know. Certainly the French loss reports with time and places matching what Galland published in his book many years before it was possible to scrutinize the French documents. See also my reply (above) to Stig Jarlevik.

AB: Maybe you managed to interview the French pilot who survived or Galland’s wingman….do not know.

- I never thought of that. I never imagined that some people would systematically reject all arguments and evidence I could produce (which I did). In my eyes I have proved Galland’s version correct.

AB: Why your secret source is so secret that you can not share it here?

- As I mentioned several times Galland was very ill at the time. He was lying in a hospital bed after heart surgery (one more – he had undergone at least 4 already, namely in the year 1984). Believe it or not, here we are entering an area of very personal, very private and sensitive things and feelings. Some people are very sensitive in such matters even after decades have elapsed (like myself, like millions of other people, about my father, who was murdered by some enemy soldiers when the war was almost over. At the same place a man riding his bicycle was shot dead by a soldier who wanted to get his bicycle in order to flee faster but the victim was deaf, didn’t hear anything like “Halt!” and the like behind him.). So my source can only be a member of Galland’s family or a member of the (numerous) medical team, or possibly one or several old fighter pilots. If I say who my source is this person, or these persons, could react with great indignation and be furious (and rightly so) so I want to ask first if I may reveal it.

(…) or you could have found a French Air Force combat report supporting your theory for the 3rd June 1940, etc…

- I did mention French sources several times. Look again.

Wish you and yours a nice week, in health and peace.

- Same to you

(…) ASV 00.344 – what is this?
=========================

Message to everybody it may concern (on discretion):

About the source I refuse to reveal without having asked this “source” before:

The English, the German and the French languages, and probably all other languages, have a few expressions which are relevant here:

Privacy – Discretion – Decency – Good manners – Respect (of privacy)
When one of your close friends or relatives is very ill and had surgery (like Adolf Galland 1992) you prefer the mentioned rules of behaviour to be observed.

THE END
Old 19th May 2019, 09:57
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

This thread is going nowhere at great length, so I’m closing it down.