Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 6th December 2011, 12:06

Henry Jones is on a distinguished road
Hauptmann Willy (Willi) Priebe

Hi guys,

for my local research I'm searching further information about the above mentioned Hauptmann and Staffelkapitän Willy (Willi) Priebe.

Priebe was born on 30th November 1907 in Warbelov (Warbelow) and died after air fight on 19th Apil 1945 at the boundary of Birenbach (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birenbach). He is still buried there.

Dogtag: 555 12 B

Possible he was involved in a airfight with a P-47 on 19th April 1945 over Rechberhausen

404FG, 506FS,
P-47D---30, Werknr. 44-33456
Kennung 4K*K
Pilot: 1/Ltn. Bronson F. Baylies

I would be glad to hear more information about the pilot (e.g. unit ...) and the crash/air fight.

Thank you,
Alex
Old 6th December 2011, 13:06
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Hauptmann Willy (Willi) Priebe

Very little information on Priebe. He may have been one of the many enlisted soldiers who applied for flight training in 1941-42 and finally matriculated in 1943-44, too late to have much impact on the air war. His age and wartime commission strongly suggest that fact. He does not appear to have been credited with any victories.

PRIEBE, Willi. (DOB: 30.11.07). (W.B.K. Halle/Saale). 08.43 Hptm. (Kr.O./Fl.). 19.04.45 Hptm., shot down vic Birenbach/Göppingen.

Mentioned in Jägerblatt 2/2001 but without further details.

HLdeZ/DGS
Old 6th December 2011, 15:15

Henry Jones is on a distinguished road

Hi Larry,

thanks for this short information. I had in my mind that he was pilot from cargo airplanes but I don't know where I got this information. So its possible that he is not listed as an fighter pilot with victories.

So where can I get more information about Priebe? Only about his personal papers (officer) from BAMA Freiburg?

Do you have additional information about the allied pilot who shot down Priebe? Possibil that Bronson F. Baylies shot him down?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 6th December 2011, 16:04
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

His personnel file at Freiburg would be the best source for more information. I have nothing further, but perhaps others here do.

L.