Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 21st June 2020, 03:24
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: Two 29 Squadron intruder losses, 6-7 October 1944

So late in the war all flights should have been plotted by Allied radars.
Old 21st June 2020, 11:52
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Two 29 Squadron intruder losses, 6-7 October 1944

Theo and others,

Any Allied claim for a Ju 188 or Me 410 on this frame of period and on the general area of those two Mossies returning from Patrol?

I have studied a similar case of INTRUDER loss (in June 1944) and have made the conclusion that at least one of the missing Mossies was lost to "friendly fire".

You can not rule out a damaged compass or Navigational error either....ending on a wheels up landing on the North Sea....not uncommon on literature too....

However, just to give some of us a smile during those difficult times we are passing....and I do hope the Moderators will allow the joke (I tried not to do so, but it was beyound myself...and being a joker myself, the tirade I guess is a good one) >

TIRADE: Regarding the reported Flight Lieutenant GOSS of 29 Squadron....well....he indeed survived....keep flying for the RAF after the war, flew jets and attained Wing Commander rank and still is amongst us as an acknowledged Historian...so Chris Goss, maybe you can tell us about that particular night mission? What really happened?

OBS: Hope you are safe and in health and that the flow of books will keep coming...The Do 17 on Osprey seems amazing and is on the wish list. I just couldn't hold taking the tirade. Hope you will like it! By the way, was this F/L GOSS any relative of yours?

Adriano Silva Baumgartner, ASV 00.344
baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br

All the best for all.