Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 14th January 2017, 11:04

PhilBennett is on a distinguished road
Classic publishing series and die deutsche luftfahrt

Hi - sorry this maybe a question that has been done to death but the (now) 26 volume Classic publishing series - does anyone know when (or if) the final volume on the FW190 being published, and are there any plans to produce volumes on the Bf109, surely an obvious gap in what is a superb body of work.

Also the German language series die deutsche luftfahrt - are there any plans to translate further volumes from this series?
Old 15th January 2017, 20:21

hedgehog6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Classic publishing series and die deutsche luftfahrt

I thought that the 3 volumes on the Fw-190 are all there were going to be. OTOH, Amazon is now showing for pre-order volumes on the Condor (a big new one by Chris Goss, which I suspect will be definitive) and the Do-215. There is also a V-2/A-4 volume which may be intended as part of this series. The missing book now is volume 3 of the Ju-88 series, for which a number seems to have been reserved.
Old 16th January 2017, 01:40

Hi - I thought that there would be vol4 of the fw190, which would be book 21 (vol3 of the fw190 being book 20, with book 22 the volume on the JU87). If there is to be a third volume on the 88 it would seem unplanned as it would be out of sequence numbering wise... Is the condor a revised volume as it already exists as book 16.
Old 19th January 2017, 19:05

hedgehog6 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Fw-200 volume is not a revision, but a complete new work by Chris Goss.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1906537542...I2O0AL7GHQ0R18

I understand your confusion about numbering, but the Fw-190 series seems complete in its coverage where the Ju-88 series is missing substantive coverage of the operational careers of fighter and recon variants. Perhaps one of the other posters knows more, but if not, time will tell. I would not hold my breath for Fw-190 v4 though.
Old 19th January 2017, 21:29

Hi thanks for the colour. Yes I saw the separate thread on the FW200. It kind of suggests a blurring of what books maybe part of what we call the "Classic publishing" series and what are other titles published by Crecy. Certainly this new FW200 book (whilst I'm sure will be super piece of work) doesn't fit into the historic series we all know.