Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2016, 22:58

Tony Kambic will become famous soon enough
Re: New Me109 Wreck Discovered. ** Some Graphic Content

I agree with Boncazonk, that the greenish fluid is coolant. I was a deputy coroner for 9 years and have dealt with human remains is many different conditions. There is no anatomical reason for that color fluid to be related to humans. As far as a 'Farbbeutel', I have never heard of that being used by fighters. The fluid's appearance is definitely glycol IMHO.

Tony
Old 18th May 2016, 03:43

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road

By 'deluded' I'm referring to his somewhat sweeping comments regarding collectors being akin to grave robbers. Outstanding. And so these 'philanthrops' are making a profit from this 'dig'? Why am I not surprised.
Old 18th May 2016, 06:31
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtwinVince View Post
. And so these 'philanthrops' are making a profit from this 'dig'? Why am I not surprised.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...I am going to disagree with your comment.

What profit?

Do you know how much it costs to recover a wreck like that?

When items were dug up from Freeman Field a few years ago...The Museum kept what they wanted...and gave the rest to the dig team. It cost the dig team around $30,000.00...and they did not get $30,000.00 in return.

They sold what they did not want, and were able to make "some" of their money back.

This is common practice. It covered some the dig expenses and the time to recover the items.

I think you need to look at the realities of "costs" before concluding that the dig team "sold item to make profit".

Though they were a bit "rough" with the dig...nothing they did during the dig, was out of the ordinary...nor what they did with the parts afterwards.

I have been involved with numerous digs and talking from experience.

Maybe you need to step back and think before you jump to conclusions?

Just a thought...

Mike
Old 18th May 2016, 06:43

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison987 View Post
mmmmmmmmmmmmm...I am going to disagree with your comment.
Maybe you need to step back and think before you jump to conclusions?
Just a thought...
Mike
I agree
Giampiero Piva
Old 18th May 2016, 09:02
Alter Hase

ClinA-78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree with Boncazonk, that the greenish fluid is coolant. I was a deputy coroner for 9 years and have dealt with human remains is many different conditions. There is no anatomical reason for that color fluid to be related to humans. As far as a 'Farbbeutel', I have never heard of that being used by fighters. The fluid's appearance is definitely glycol IMHO.
OK, perhaps coolant (I never said it was human fluid), but I have seen this liquid also in ...a FW 190 crashsite whose pilot was missing (and still there).

I have personally found the (empty) bag of a Farbbeutel, without noting colored liquid (soil was quite dry), on another FW 190 (whose pilot was killed). And yes, it was individual equipment.

Up today, I have managed 11 recoveries (not for "business" or looting, just for historical purpose, a goal which becomes seldom... ) and attended many more but every dig brings more question than answer that why I ask.

Best regards

ClinA-78

PS : the comments about this topic don't surprise me...
Old 19th May 2016, 05:57

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road

No, I think I'll stick with my conclusions, thank you very much. How about this: you're the family of the dead guy, and you get to see these Russians dig up your relative and play with his bones, all accompanied by tasteless music. Give your collective heads a shake.
Old 19th May 2016, 16:37
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtwinVince View Post
No, I think I'll stick with my conclusions, thank you very much. How about this: you're the family of the dead guy, and you get to see these Russians dig up your relative and play with his bones, all accompanied by tasteless music. Give your collective heads a shake.

Those are empty bones that his soul left long ago.

Sounds like there is a lot of Russian hatred and discrimination in your posts, as opposed to actual reality and rational thought.

How about this:

If he was a known Nazi who murdered 100 Jews before breakfast...and then shot down 2 B-17's killing all crew, including your father...would you care or be having the same thoughts into how the recovery was handled..or comment on the method in which they removed his ring to find his ID?

Probably not.
Old 19th May 2016, 16:47
Alter Hase

ClinA-78 is on a distinguished road

Gent's,

I would appreciate a reply (or a kind of) before this thread would be closed...

Thanks

ClinA-78
Old 19th May 2016, 18:00

Maxim1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sounds like there is a lot of Russian hatred and discrimination in your posts, as opposed to actual reality and rational thought.
Buehmann's body was literally smashed and dismembered during the crash. Russians in subject collected what they could and it was a really hard work. Now Buehmann's remains can be buried in his hometown with all respects etc.

But some mentally handicapped persons call it 'a playing with bones'.

What a nice joke.
Old 19th May 2016, 19:05
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It doesn't sound like that at all to me, it sounds like a criticism of bad archaeological practice. I hope and believe that the majority of contributors here would want human remains to be treated with respect when a wreck is excavated and it's hard to see how your baseless set of "what if's?" contributes anything to the discussion.