Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 10th November 2018, 04:17
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Henschel HS 129 (Spotlight on)

Scheduled for 28 February.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Henschel-12...l+publications

Usual disclaimer,
Ed
Old 16th November 2018, 12:39

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough
Re: Henschel HS 129 (Spotlight on)

This is quite expensive for what it is. I think potential purchasers will be far better off waiting for Martin Pegg's revision of his Hs 129 book which will also appear next year.
Old 16th November 2018, 13:44

AMC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Coates View Post
This is quite expensive for what it is. I think potential purchasers will be far better off waiting for Martin Pegg's revision of his Hs 129 book which will also appear next year.
I purchased the Pegg book from J.J. Fedorowicz some time ago. Cost me $350 though.
It is a great book but pricy now. Enthusiasts will be well served by the new revised edition if it surfaces?....
Old 16th November 2018, 17:33

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

It will surface next year. It is very nearly there. Martin has completed the text, captioned the photographs and is currently overseeing the colour illustrations to ensure they exactly match the photographic evidence.
Old 16th November 2018, 20:20
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I absolutely agree. Martin will be including a great deal of new material that will make the book seem more like a whole new work on the subject and less like a revision. Good fortune awaits he who is patient.

L.
Old 16th November 2018, 20:26
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I absolutely agree. Martin will be including a great deal of new material that will make the book seem more like a whole new work on the subject and less like a revision. Good fortune awaits he who is patient.

L.
Old 21st November 2018, 12:03

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

..isn’t Wolowski (illustrator Spotlight) deceased ? Probably no reason not to buy his book but I thought he passed away a while ago after doing the ‘Late versions Bf 109’ book. Unless the jacket illustration on amazon is a ‘mock-up’..
Old 1st April 2019, 14:52

chinesefox is on a distinguished road

'Our first title, Henschel Hs 129 Panzerjäger by Martin Pegg, is due for publication in late 2018/early 2019!'

I think the beginning of April can be defined as "early 2019".

so when will this re-edited book be published?
Old 1st April 2019, 21:10
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point

According to Chandos's Fb, the book design being finalized now.
Old 1st April 2019, 23:28

Edward is on a distinguished road

Chandos Publications has a page up showing the new cover for Pegg's revised edition.

"For this title, based on several years of further research, the author has uncovered much new information and photographic material on the development and operational use of the Hs 129 in German and Rumanian service.. . .The greater part of the book, however, is devoted to the use of the machine in North Africa and especially in Russia . . . Also included are numerous pilot accounts, details of examples captured by the Allies and a section on camouflage and markings."

"ca 224 pages w/ ca 300 photos & maps, technical drawings, newly commissioned colour profiles and appendices."

https://www.chandospublications.co.uk/hs-129/

Last edited by Edward; 2nd April 2019 at 03:44.