Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd August 2017, 14:35
Alter Hase

focusfocus is on a distinguished road
Arnold Doring claims

Hi all

16 Tanks,4 Ships,etc.etc.....AND 10 "luftsieg" with an He.111(KG55) are allocated (as among others in the last french magazine "Aero-Journal"n°60)

When these "famous" victories were claimed?
I can't find anything despite my research!

Thank's in advance
Best Regards
Michel
Old 2nd August 2017, 21:28
Alter Hase

Rottler will become famous soon enough
Re: Arnold Doring claims

Hello Michel,

look for "Kracker Luftwaffe Archiv" > Döring > Operational Record and you find a list of his victories.

Regards
Leo
Old 4th August 2017, 09:04
Alter Hase

focusfocus is on a distinguished road
Re: Arnold Doring claims

This is what I done in other.and I still have no more informations.

I really have a big doubt about the veracity of his so-called victories with his He.111(source "Obermaier",but that really dates and wich are repeated years after years without more confirmations).

I have noted several facts that raise questions:

1)A picture of a Bf.109 is attributed to Doring with 5 victories (claims that seem to correspond with the JG 300),but why the previous 10 claims with the KG55 don't appear? if they exist!

2)3 TB-3 (night claims/ why not? possible) and 7 MIG (Day claims:with an He.111 !! "Hmm...Hmm ?" source "Obermaier"

Frankly,A BIG THANK YOU to the one who can dissipate my doubts.

Best Regards
Michel