Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 5th February 2018, 20:32

Jutocsa is on a distinguished road
WM-21 virtual reconstruction, Fokker CV info

Hey there,

I am trying to virtually reconstruct the Weiss-Manfred WM-21 of the Royal Hungarian Air force, and I need a little help to move forward. I got a lot of reference photos from the collectors and authors I know, but sadly I fell in love with a badly documented plane. However the missing parts can be done by some educated guesswork, considering we licence built the Fokker CV line, improved and modified it and through a series of WM planes we got to the 21. Not a Fokker, but some parts and solutions are still there.
This is the recent state of the modeling work:

http://pannonpixels.com/wm-21-reconstruction.html

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with Fokker CV/CVD/E photos of the cockpit area, pilot and gunner. Or the IMAM Ro.1. Please, no walkarounds from the internet, I spent countless hours on that already
Also, does anyone have a higher resolution of this photo ? Sadly the thread it was posted in is long dead, the original files gone, just this small preview remained but the flight stick seems to be what I need exactly.

Thanks a lot for any help !
Old 6th February 2018, 12:08

Re: WM-21 virtual reconstruction, Fokker CV info

Alternatively, could anyone help me identify this grip ?
Considering it comes from a plane based on Fokker CV - but the plane also had Dunlop brake pressure gauges, tyres and probably the whole brake system - and its similar to dunlop-made grips just as much as to the fokker ones.
Old 6th February 2018, 13:50

g-1reaper is on a distinguished road

Dear Jutocsa,
Since the WM 21 was a further development of the venerable Fokker C.V I took up the challenge and wrote a book about the WM 21 Solyom (http://www.lanasta.eu/Shop/product/186/07-warplane.html). I don't know by heart if I placed cockpit photos but I'll check for you!

There are some interior photos in my books on the Fokker C.V!

Regards,
Edwin
Old 6th February 2018, 16:07

Dear Edwin,

Got your book a week ago, a very detailed and nicely made one! It also had a couple photos I dont have but its a small country with only a handful of researchers on the topic so I have almost everything available from private collectors, including those 3-4 dashboard photos (the stick montage above is from two of them ) I've heard about you from Károly Magó Also some ppl were wondering why would a Dutchman choose an obscure Hungarian plane to write about, but the Fokker connection explains.
Anyway...I dont think i can get anything more on the WM-21, I already modeled a detailed dashboard, most of the frame is done based on nice large resolution photos of the factory (the ones you also have in your book, showing me a new one too) but soon I will run out of things that I have 100% info on. There are no known photos of the side walls of the cockpits just what you see from the outside, same for the floor, there are good drawings of the bomb cassettes but nothing about their exact placement, nothing about the rudder pedals, and the list goes on. Some of these must be done by educated guesswork based on the Fokkers, trusting in human nature - why change something when its working

Last edited by Jutocsa; 6th February 2018 at 17:17.
Old 25th February 2018, 08:29

Anyone has a good drawing of the Fokker C5 wing structure, with attention to the wing strut joints in detail and the aileron mechanics ? Something like this but with much more detail. Thanks
airwar.ru/image/idop/bww1/fokc5/fokc5-2.gif