Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 3rd May 2020, 03:11

Andrew Arthy will become famous soon enoughAndrew Arthy will become famous soon enough
Air War Courland update

Hi,

We've just posted an update regarding my Air War Courland book, and the blog post can be found here. As could be expected given how long I've been working on the project (eighteen years!), people have been curious about the progress, and the blog post outlines the situation.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:34
Alter Hase

Theo Boiten will become famous soon enoughTheo Boiten will become famous soon enough
Re: Air War Courland update

Hi Andrew,

Great news! Will the project cover the day airwar, or the night airwar as well?

Cheers, Theo
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:43

Andrew Arthy will become famous soon enoughAndrew Arthy will become famous soon enough

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the reply. The project will definitely cover the night air war as well. The night fighters, night bombing and reconnaissance operations, and night ground-attack missions are just as fascinating to me as what was going on during daylight hours.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com/earticles
Old 3rd May 2020, 12:49
Alter Hase

Theo Boiten will become famous soon enoughTheo Boiten will become famous soon enough

Hi Andrew,

OK, that's something to look forward to then! Good luck with the writing process.

Cheers, Theo
Old 3rd May 2020, 15:30
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

I knew in was "in the works" some years ago, Andrew, and I have thought about it fairly often, but then I started thinking you had relegated it to "back burner" status in favor of more urgent projects. So, now we know and that's a big relief. I just hope I'm still around to read it! You are an amazing researcher and writer, Andrew, and I am absolutely confident the finished product will be up to your usual exceptionally high standards and a book all of us will be honored to have on our bookshelf.

Larry
Old 3rd May 2020, 20:53

Alfred.MONZAT will become famous soon enough

Really looking forward to this one.
Old 4th May 2020, 03:23

Larry,

Thank you very much for your extremely kind words - I hope the book can live up to the expectations! I should also mention that the help I have received from you and dozens of other people on this forum has been invaluable. And Alfred, I'll try to get it finished as soon as I can!

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Old 4th May 2020, 16:48

Orwell1984 is on a distinguished road

Looking forwards to this when it arrives.

Any word on the Hs 123 book?

Eagerly awaiting that one too.
Old 4th May 2020, 16:58

laurent14 is on a distinguished road

An obvious purchase for me... I have the book on air war over Sicily, the top of research. Keep on the very good work.
Old 5th May 2020, 08:58

Morten Jessen will become famous soon enough

Hej Orwell1984

Thank you for your interest in the Hs 123 book. It is progressing slowly, but steadily. I am one step behind Andrew, as I have to spend several months updating my data file with the material I have collected the past 3-4 years (that includes my seven visits to Freiburg, which resulted in many thousands of pages copied). Once the data file is updated, I will start writing. One positive thing to come out of these Corona times is a reduction in ‘real life’ work. So for the rest of year I will have more time to dive into this project … and I look very much forward to do just that. More updates to follow as the project develops.

All the best
Morten