Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 4th July 2017, 20:07
Alter Hase

keith A is on a distinguished road
Spitfire Command - Oxspring

The header of chapter eight is " Back chaps, we're in the shit" by Chris LeRoux. However the paperback version does not include this among the memoir. Can anyone tell me when this phrase was uttered? Le Roux and Oxspring only served together briefly in Africa in 1943 as rival squadron commanders.

regards

Keith
Old 5th July 2017, 17:37
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Spitfire Command - Oxspring

Keith: Not sure what you mean as in my copy, that is the name of the chapter. Are you asking is in in the text which refers in the main to 12 Feb 42 during which time Le Roux was apparently instructing and the only mention of Le Roux was on page 102
Old 6th July 2017, 09:42
Alter Hase

keith A is on a distinguished road
Re: Spitfire Command - Oxspring

Yep. I wondered if there was a version of the book that explained when and where Le Roux said it (I have the paperback) . As you say it is a subtitle for a chapter but isn't referenced in the text whereas all the other ones are. It seems like a soundbite from a sortie where Le Roux spotted trouble.

regards

Keith