Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 16th January 2021, 18:58
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Does anyone know these men?

Back on topic please.
Old 16th January 2021, 19:26

Carsten Petersen is on a distinguished road

The FG 42 was not a sniper rifle ! I have fired many shots with a FG 42 and I would prefer a K98 any time if you are talking about long range shooting.
The FG 42 was not well made and the telescopic sight ZF 4 was not very good.
Besides that I won't call Fallschirmjägers in 1944 for an elite force. They were in 1940 and 1941, but in 1944 they were just ordinary infantry without (for the most part) jump experience. I have spoken to Fallschirmjäger soldiers that were transferred from Flakscheinwerfer and Luftnachrichtendienst. They got a two month infantry course and were sent to the front !
Old 17th January 2021, 02:22

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten Petersen View Post
The FG 42 was not a sniper rifle ! I have fired many shots with a FG 42 and I would prefer a K98 any time if you are talking about long range shooting.
The FG 42 was not well made and the telescopic sight ZF 4 was not very good.
Besides that I won't call Fallschirmjägers in 1944 for an elite force. They were in 1940 and 1941, but in 1944 they were just ordinary infantry without (for the most part) jump experience. I have spoken to Fallschirmjäger soldiers that were transferred from Flakscheinwerfer and Luftnachrichtendienst. They got a two month infantry course and were sent to the front !
This is an important post.