Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd August 2018, 21:24

hangar300 is on a distinguished road
V-1

Is it known where it could have fallen? I mean, is it a photomontage or an original picture?

Last edited by hangar300; 2nd August 2018 at 21:56.
Old 2nd August 2018, 22:01
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: V-1

It may be an original photo but it appears to have been given color as opposed to having been taken with color film. With no background details of note, if this is a real photo, then the location is unknown. What is the source of this photo?
Old 2nd August 2018, 22:47

hangar300 is on a distinguished road

I found this picture on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/14744867894...5003553085752/
Old 2nd August 2018, 23:55
Alter Hase

Kutscha

The V-1 was strongly built to survive intact from what looks like a vertical impact.
Old 3rd August 2018, 00:25
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

The key to this is the woman, e.g., her hair style, her blouse without sleeves, the length of her skirt, etc. Did Polish women dress like that and have similar hair styles during World War II? Would a relic like this have been left lying in a field un-salvaged into the 1950's, 1960's or later? Color me skeptical, but I think this is a Photoshop production.
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:09

Mikael Olrog is an unknown quantity at this point

An aerial impact would have destroyed the missile, the engine is almost detached and inertia would definately have teared it off upon impact. I've seen preserved remains of several v-1 Missiles without warheads that landed in sweden during the war and they all sustained much more damage than this missile have, breaking apart. There's a collection of parts in storage with a museum. And fairly large sections were surprisingly intact. So if it is a genuine foto the missile likely have been placed in that position or ended up in that position from movements made on the ground and not from air to ground.
Old 4th August 2018, 16:34

sirbob is on a distinguished road

When the image is enlarged and examined closely several suspicious faults can be seen. I can't say whether these occured when colour was added to a genuine monochrome photo or if the entire image is a photoshop creation, but in its current state I don't think it should be seriously regarded as evidence of anything.
Old 4th August 2018, 22:19
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

A Polish woman may have dressed like this during the time period. I am not convinced this photo is genuine.