Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 16th June 2007, 02:22

brewerjerry
copyright again this time R-R manuals copyright not owned by R-R

Hi
Yet another corker on copyright.
Recently received an e mail and in it was the details that a canadian publishing company is claiming the copyright to the R-R manuals ...

'Rolls Royce Merlin Packard Compendium to include: Overhaul Manual; Parts Lists Manuals; Maintenance Manuals and Handbook Manuals for all series and Blueprints for all series. '

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/cipo/c...1&language=eng

I wonder what R-R would make of it if they new.
Cheers
Jerry
Old 16th June 2007, 03:01
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: copyright again this time R-R manuals copyright not owned by R-R

Sadly, being the double-edged sword that it is, the internet is home to so many "file sharing" sites, it's not funny. I have seen brand new books scanned from cover to cover within a month of their release. There are even a few brazen enough to sell CD copies of copyrighted works on eBay hoping no one will notice.

I suggest you contact R-R. It will help.

Regards,
Ed
Old 16th June 2007, 05:14

brewerjerry

Hi Ed,
I did browse the R-R site but it was to complicated for me to find a contact.
Maybe someone here knows one they could inform.
Cheers
Jerry
Old 16th June 2007, 10:25

Christer Engdahl

I think that the Heritage Trust is a good place to start. At http://www.rolls-royce.com/history/h...es/default.jsp there is the option to "Send an email" to Brian Whatley.

Christer
Old 16th June 2007, 12:13
Alter Hase

Kutscha

The company seems get the OK from the Canadian Goverment.
Old 21st June 2007, 04:39

brewerjerry

Hi
Yes,
and the following also have copyright.
The strange thing I find is the original 'author' of the documents is quotedin each case.

copyright is given even tho the words are:-

'the general rule is that copyright lasts for the life of the author, the remainder of the calendar year in which the author dies, and for 50 years following the end of the calendar year'

One thing I am convinced is that I will never understand copyright...
Cheers
Jerry

Canadian Copyrights Database: Results

Your query was,within type:all registration date:all sorted by:Relevance

Data on copyrights is shown in the official language in which it was submitted.
Documents found: 12
1.Focke-Wulf 190 Models: A, A1-A8; D-D9 ; TA-152 inclusive Ersatzteilliste, Flugzeug-Handb uch und Bed.-Vorschrift- Part List Flight Handbook, Armament Description , German Version Registration number: 1039082Type: Copyright Author: Tank, Kurt W. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-06-12 2.Rolls Royce Merlin Packard Compendium to include: Overhaul Manual; Parts Lists Manuals; Maintenance Manuals and Handbook Manuals for all series and Blueprints for all series. Registration number: 1038557Type: Copyright Author: Royce, Frederick H. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-05-15 3.P-51; A-K; including all models and variances inclusive; Flight Pilot Handbook Training Manuals;Erection & Maintenance Manuals;Illustrated Parts Catalogs;Engineering Drawings(Blueprints). Registration number: 1038255Type: Copyright Author: Kindelberger, James H Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-05-04 4.Vickers Supermariner Spitfire Blueprints: Mk(s) l,ll,V,Vll, XlX Compendium Registration number: 1038156Type: Copyright Author: Billing, Noel P Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-05-04 5.Avro Lancaster Blueprints: Mk(s) l,ll,lll - X inclusive Registration number: 1038155Type: Copyright Author: Roe, Alliott V Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-05-01 6.Focke-Wulf 190Blueprints: A1-A8; D-D9;TA152 inclusive Registration number: 1038034Type: Copyright Author: Tank, Kurt W. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-04-26 7.Stearman Blueprints PT13- PT27 inclusive Registration number: 1038033Type: Copyright Author: Stearman, Lloyd C. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-04-26 8.Curtiss P-40 Blueprints A-K Series Registration number: 1038032Type: Copyright Author: Curtiss, Glenn H. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-04-26 9.Ersatzteil-Liste FW 190D Registration number: 1038031Type: Copyright Author: Messerschmitt A.G., Wilhelm E. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-04-26 10.Ersatzteil-Liste BF109F Registration number: 1037927Type: Copyright Author: Messerschitt AG, Wilhelm E. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-04-21
11.Ersatzteil-Liste BF109E Registration number: 1037926Type: Copyright Author: Messerschitt AG, Wilhelm E. Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-04-21 12.Ersatzteil-Liste BF-109G Registration number: 1037849Type: Copyright Author: Messerschmitt A.G., Wilhelm E Owner: Sicuro Publishing Registration Date: 2006-04-18
Old 16th November 2007, 15:23

LuckySicuro is on a distinguished road

To everyone

Let me introduce myself I am Mr Sicuro partner of Sicuro Publishing company that has copyright register of hundreds WW II reference and data

I am very surprise that you are interested in Our WORK and I underline OUR work ..

I would like to give a short explanation to everyone interested in this subject .. ( " I am not intention to patronize or to be exhaustive " )

Let start ..

I suppose that somebody has bought in the past a REPRINT of OLD book... and has never question himself about ownership copyright etc ..
No one question himself when buy Classic Music or Marilin Moore Picture on Book or magazine etc.

Nowadays the web has give possibility to do deeply search in we love the most ... that it is great for everyone .. freedom is Knowledge

To make the Long Story short ..

Any Publisher before .. PUBLISHING any work has to acquire and register COPYRIGHT ..

If Publish a book acquire copyright from author in lieu of Author Royalty ... and other .. possible author agreement right ..

IF the Publisher has to or want to publishing a former work that has not Author and refer to a " Product Manufactured and not in production any more " .. has to do similar procedures

Manual are instruction books refer to particular model and version and etc.

The Right of Manual ended when Product is not manufacture anymore
Even The Manufacture is still in business them .. have not " Legal Title any More as well do not have any liability about the Old Product "...

Liability and Copyright are strongly relate in this matter Company that do not support a product manufactured from them Loose the right of Product

Because of etc etc. ....

I can ad a compete Legal Literature Reference... very Boring and very effectiveness in CLEAR this issue ..
This issue was work out from US Government in Cooperation with UK and France Government .. refer to OIL industry in early 60 ..

By the way refer to Machinery for Oil extraction...

Bottom Line ... Publisher has to copyright his own work if want Publisher
Manuals and other Instruction Book ( Military in Special case ) of product that are not any more manufactured Or no any more supported from Manufacture... do not have the right of Manufacture any more..

Moreover any product that change format , and has assembled information from former copyright work , has " Collective copyright " etc. etc ..

Please I suggest to speak with legal advisory if you want a better understanding

I understand that you can be surprise but what we have done is what every publish has to do for " Law " . copyright OUR work ..

Some one can argue that this work is not OUR work ..
The Answer is You are wrong Sir
TITLE and Subject are
Same of ORIGINAL work Done
Contents and FORMAT
are NOT like Original

Furthermore I suggest to read carefully what we have register and What does mean " Collective Copyright Work "

We appreciate your interested

Sincerely

F Sicuro

http://www.sicuropublishing.com/servlet/StoreFront