Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines > Jagdgeschwader 1, 2, 4, 5 & Sturmstaffel 1 Chronicles

Jagdgeschwader 1, 2, 4, 5 & Sturmstaffel 1 Chronicles by Erik Mombeeck

Old 22nd March 2013, 04:06

Kapper is on a distinguished road
JG 4 chapters

I was wondering if anyone can help me

I recently purchased the English version of volume 2 of the JG 4 series (Storming the Bombers), as a follow up to the German version of volume 1 (Strumjager) which I had previously purchased. To my surprise there is a mis-match of chapters between the English and German versions. The German Version has chapters 1 to 6 in volume 1 and the English version has chapters 9 to 19 in volume 2. So I'm missing chapters 7 & 8 which seems to be about the big air battles of 11-12 September 1944 which is missing in from both books. I can't afford to be going out and buying another book at the moment especially since I'm only after chapters 7 & 8, so I was wondering if anyone has these chapters that they can send me a scanned copy.

Regards,

Craig...
Old 24th March 2013, 18:58

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough
Re: JG 4 chapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapper View Post
To my surprise there is a mis-match of chapters between the English and German versions...
Vol I (English) includes a 'new' chapter 4 ('Sturmstaffel 1') and, as far as I can tell (my German books are at the bottom of a large pile..) a re-designed chapter 5 ('The creation of II.(Sturm)/JG4') and a 25-page chapter 8 ('The defence of the Reich') covering 11-13 September inclusive....I reckon that means you've got chapter 7 (I./JG 4 on the Western Front..). I'll have a look through my files to see if I've got chapter 8 in a handy format..
Old 25th March 2013, 16:25

Kapper is on a distinguished road
Re: JG 4 chapters

Thanks,

Chapter 8 would be helpful.

It seems that when I can afford it in the future I may have to buy the English version of Volume 1. It's the same old problem - so many books I would like to buy but I only have a limited budget.

Regards,

Craig..