Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd July 2012, 17:54
Alter Hase

Melvin Brownless is on a distinguished road
Exchanging WASt (NVM) Reports?

Hi guys,

Now that it is virtually inpossible to get NVM reports from WASt unless you are a relative (these are also doctored), I was wondering if fellow members out there have copies in their collection and would be willing to share and exchange documents? on a 1 to 1 basis? I have quite a large amount of the NJG NVM for all nightfighter units, and various other KG's, JG's etc, etc but many I do not have. I think it possibly would be beneficial to all concerned.

Would appreciate your comments.

Kind regards from sunny England!

Regards,

Melvin

www.aircrewremembrancesociety.com

Last edited by Melvin Brownless; 23rd July 2012 at 19:02.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:03
Alter Hase

Re: WASt (NVM)

Nobody interested in exchanging documents?

Regards,

Melvin

Old 23rd July 2012, 19:28
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Melvin,

For the EoE Project we have a great many of the NVMs for the period 1939-mid-1941, particularly in the West. One large group comes from the Heinrich Weiss archive which is being used for the EoE Project. Other members of the EoE Working Group (WG), including Peter Cornwell, have a large number of others. I can't speak for him about trading material, but I can speak for the Weiss Collection, which I own. Many of the ones we have access to were copied before information started being redacted by the WASt. I certainly don't mind exchanging information, but dealing with this right now when we are so overwhelmed with projects will be a challenge. I guess the first thing would be to get a list of what you have. Do you have my direct email address?

Regards,
Old 25th July 2012, 18:43
Alter Hase

Brian Bines is on a distinguished road

Hi melvin,

If you have any NVMs for Aug.1940 for II/KG1, III/KG3, III/KG4, III/KG27, or I&II/KG30 I would be happy to do a swap with any of the mainly 1944 ones I have. PM or E-Mail if you are interested , mine have been reduced to A4,

Regards

Brian Bines
Old 25th July 2012, 21:02
Alter Hase

Hi Brian,

I will see if I have any for the units & period, I also have a lot of 1944 NVM, perhaps we should compare notes on these as well in case we can help each other there also! I will send you an e-mail in the next few days. I can tell you that the source of some of my 1944 NVM's came from Simon Parry if that helps.

Regards as always,

Melvin