Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th March 2009, 22:32

Thijs Lepstra is on a distinguished road
Dulias: LKS 2 and battle in Hungary in February/ March 1945

Regarding the case Dulias I have done a lot of work of trying to find out whether he did fly for Jagdgeschwader 53 as he claims. I don’t think he did fly with JG 53 ( more details soon about that)
For my research I need to know some things about the following things in order to find out what might have happened with Mr. Dulias in the Second World War.

According to S. Carlsen and M Meyer in their book Die Flugzeugführerausbildung der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1935 – 1945 Band I ( page 336) a number of Luftkriegschule (LKS) quit their training for German cadets to become pilots in August 1944. A large number of Fahnenjunker left to join Fallschirmjägerregiments.

The LKS 2 which was based at Berlin-Gatow stoped their training duties in October 1944 because of lack of fuel.
My question regarding LKS 2:
To which regiments where the recruits send too and where I could find information about these regiments?

Hungary 1945. In late February, early March the frontline on the eastern front was in modern day Slovakia near the river Hron (or Gran in German) north of the Danube river. Where there any Luftwaffe ground regiments fighting in this area. What were the name of these regiments?
Where would I be able to find where these units fought before they fought in Hungary in late February/ early March 1945.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Thijs
Old 5th March 2009, 00:41

David Ransome
Smile Re: Dulias: LKS 2 and battle in Hungary in February/ March 1945

Hi,

Not that I can offer any assistance but from some of the digging I did a while back I can see where you are going and think that you are bang on target!

All the best,

David
Old 5th March 2009, 12:42

yogybär is on a distinguished road
Re: Dulias: LKS 2 and battle in Hungary in February/ March 1945

On a map for 16.2.45 of the "Gran-Brückenkopf", I cannot find any Luftwaffen-unit on the frontline