Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Old 2nd October 2009, 06:10
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Hitler skull revealed as female

I wonder what other surprises are still in store?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8281839.stm

Could the Russians have been pulling our leg? Oh wait. Never mind.

Ed
Old 2nd October 2009, 15:59

PeterVerney
Re: Hitler skull revealed as female

So the words to the popular song were right after all ????
Old 25th July 2010, 16:57

Propellerhead is on a distinguished road

Gosh Ed, first you changed my mind on Plutonium and now on Hitler's fate. I tip my hat to you sir. It was feasible for Hitler to escape Berlin had he wished to do so... Von Below escaped the Fuhrer bunker with Hitler's last will and testament. Several of those with him made it to Lake Havel where Bv138 were evacuating the wounded to Denmark until 1 May 1945.

Food for thought here...
Old 25th July 2010, 20:19
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation

It only covers the skull, I thought that Hitler's jawbone was already identified as the real deal.

Ruy

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 26th July 2010, 00:37
Alter Hase

According to this article, the jaw has never been seen in public:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6949371.ece

It is easy to assume that the Russians are either lying or might have the real deal. However, the analysis of the skull provides evidence that the Russians have not told the truth.

A published photo from 1945 shows an American Counter-Intelligence Corps officer kneeling next to a couch in the Bunker that has blood stains near the top. It was being carefully examined for evidence that Hitler had indeed shot himself. Good taste prevents me from describing the possible damage to the head depending on how the bullet entered and exited. This would, however, tell forensic examiners a great deal. If a report of this investigation exists, I have not seen it.

Ed
Old 30th September 2010, 11:18

Propellerhead is on a distinguished road

It's an interesting point ... lthough the skull dug up in Berlin which DNA testing proved was Bormann's had red volcanic soil encrusted in it. Also there were teeth missing from Bormann's skull which were present shortly before Berlin's fall according to the dentist where the sockets Avioli had grown over with bone. Something which could not have happened if he died the end of April 1945.

Gestapo Muller was exhuhmed from a grave claime and marked as his but it proved to have a skeleton made from parts of six different people.

Olt z.S. Clemens Zuborg of the naval reserve and then adjutant in the staff of the alarm-batallion reported two Ju-352 landed at Ost-West-Achse near the Reichskanzlei, which they had to defend on 26 April.

KG.zbV2, Lufttransport Gruppe 4 (“
Großraumtransportstaffel”) Ju-352s flying from Tutow air-field maintained a shuttle flying in naval reservists until 29 April to the east West Axis. They were joined by two Ju-52, two FW200 and one Ju-290 of F.d.F. These aircraft included Fw-200 „Condor“ (CE + IC) piloted by Hptm Joachim Hubner, a Ju-290 (9V + BK), piloted by Lt Wagner and Ju-352 (KT + VJ)

Not proof that Hitler escaped but the skull perhaps reopens the possibility.

I understood that the skull fragment was the last remaining piece.IF the jaw was found and then destroyed, why would the Russians keep a skull fragment but not the Jaw?
Old 1st October 2010, 01:40
Alter Hase

Hello Propellerhead -

Is there a source for your account?

There was a document found in the files of Heinrich Mueller. It is dated 20. April 1945. It lays out a special trip Hitler would be taking on 26.5.1945 at 20.00 hours to Barcelona. A list is given showing the principals in Hitler's party, including Reichsleiter Bormann. One copy of the document was sent to Oberst Baumbach of I./K.G. 200.

Source, page 166 of KG 200 by Geoffrey Thomas and Barry Ketley

A book was published in 1947 by Secretary of State, James Byrnes. The title is Frankly Speaking. He recounts a conversation he had with Stalin at the Big Four meeting at Potsdam. After asking Stalin about his thoughts about the death of Hitler, Stalin replied: "He is not dead. He escaped either to Spain or Argentina."

I'm certain in the heady days after Victory in Europe, burying the dead, and just wanting to forget the whole business, this item was either missed, ignored or downplayed.

Ed
Old 1st October 2010, 02:38
Alter Hase

Correction on the date for Barcelona. It should read 26.4.1945.

Ed
Old 1st October 2010, 22:57
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

When I saw "Hitler's Skull" and Ed West in the same post, I thought he'd found it for sale on Ebay!
Old 1st October 2010, 23:22
Alter Hase

Good one Nick.

Ed