Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th October 2010, 12:04

Clint Mitchell is on a distinguished road
JG1 'Stabskette Emblem'

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any input on a query I have about this emblem:
Attachment 4943

The image is taken from page 189 of Eric Mombeek's Defenders of the Reich, Jagdgeschwader 1, Vol 2. Basically in all published drawings of this emblem the background colours of the shield are shown as red/white/red. I am wondering if from the look of the photo the background of the shield could indeed have been Red/White/Yellow? As discussed on LEMB (post 35 of http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/fo...=0&#entry61351) the differences between the colours could indeed be due to the highlight on the fuselages curvature. But I believe that the colours are still consistently different throughout the full curvature and possibly red and yellow. I'm 50/50 at the moment gents and was just wondering if perhaps details of the colours were recorded from veterans of the unit and whether this is why the emblem has been previously shown as Red/White/Red? Or I could just be seeing things but your views are appreciated.

Thanks

Clint

Last edited by Clint Mitchell; 14th July 2015 at 08:58.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:29

Clint Mitchell is on a distinguished road
Re: JG1 'Stabskette Emblem'

So not a single comment or opinion on this query?