Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 1st August 2006, 01:00
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: Black Cross Red Star Vol. 3 - publication news

Jim,

I'm not talking about mine & Chris's. Over the years Motorbuch Verlag has published loads of Luftwaffe stuff, particularly on individual units.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 1st August 2006, 02:06

Shikhov is on a distinguished road

Hello Christer!
Sorry but I'm too late recognized your excellent BCRS series value and completely impossible to find a vol.1 now. It seems Pacifica Pubs. disapeared some times ago. May be your have an ideas to reprint vol.1 in new company. I think many peoples awaited. Let me informed abt this matter.
Thanks in advance.
Igor.
Old 1st August 2006, 02:35

nick de carteret is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikhov
Sorry but I'm too late recognized your excellent BCRS series value and completely impossible to find a vol.1 now. It seems Pacifica Pubs. disapeared some times ago. May be your have an ideas to reprint vol.1 in new company. I think many peoples awaited.
Managed to finally find a mint copy of Vol 1 on eBay after being tipped off by a friend on another forum board. Price was within reason thank goodness but this book does seem to be as rare as hen's teeth.
Old 1st August 2006, 10:56

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road

To everyone asking about news on my books, please visit my website for any updates:

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/

One month ago (30 June) was the deadline for the delivery of the manuscript of my book "Luftstrid över Kanalen/Battle of Britain" to the Swedish and international military publisher Leandoer & Ekholm.

Yesterday I delivered the manuscript of my book "Barbarossa: The Air War" to the publisher Ian Allan (deadline was today). It will be published by Ian Allan in the spring of 2007.

Yesterday I also received news from my "Black Cross/Red Star" publisher (Eagle Editions) that "Black Cross/Red Star", Vol. 3 "has been printed, should be bound this next week and made ready for shipment to us".

Previously, I have delivered the manuscripts of two separate pilot biographies on two JG 54 "Grünherz" pilots to another publisher, and that publisher now tells me that those two books are intended to be published before Christmas 2006. (I have contracts for both books.)

Right now, I am working on the book "Stalingrad: The Air War", which will be published by Ian Allan in the autumn of 2007.

Info from my website:

* Luftstrid över Kanalen: A re-edited new edition of Christer Bergström's book on the Battle of Britain, "Luftstrid över Kanalen". This book is based on an extensive research into British and German archives, and interviews with a large number of pilot veterans from the Battle of Britain. It will contain a complete list of each individual aircraft loss and each individual victory claim on both sides throughout the Battle of Britain. This is a 200,000-word book (i.e. twice that of Black Cross/Red Star) and contains nearly 400 photographs, many of which are from pilot veterans' personal albums and have never been published before. Will be published in September 2006. Click here to go to the publisher's advertisement.
* Battle of Britain: The English edition of the above book. Scheduled to be published in December 2006. Click here to go to the publisher's advertisement.
The British publisher Ian Allan will publish four books by Christer Bergström on the history on the air war on the Eastern Front:
* Barbarossa: The Air War: To be published in the spring of 2007. (Update 31 July 2006: I just delivered the manuscript to the publisher - my deadline for delivery was 1 August 2006.)
* Stalingrad: The Air War: To be published in the autumn of 2007.
* Kursk: The Air War: To be published in the spring of 2008.
* Storm over the Eastern Front: The Air War 1944 - 1945: To be published in the autumn of 2008.
These books will study the air war on the Eastern Front from a slightly different angle than Black Cross/Red Star. The "Ian Allan books" will be more oriented toward planning and strategy, while the Black Cross/Red Star books are more of operational histories.

As you all can see, I am in the midst of a quite hectic writing period.

BTW, Shikhov, "Barbarossa: The Air War" is a 100,000-word book which could be regarded as a second (but very much edited) edition of "Black Cross/Red Star: Vol. 1".

Christer Bergström

Last edited by Christer Bergström; 1st August 2006 at 22:50.
Old 1st August 2006, 14:47

Jim Oxley is on a distinguished road

Thanks for clearing up that point on the English version of 'Luftstrid över Kanalen' Christer. The publishers site doesn't actually say anything about the English version. At least not that I can see. I'll be watching the publishers site like a hawk!

I've already have my order in for Vol.3 of BC/RS, so I'm just waiting patiently for that. By the time I've finished reading those I'll be ready for your next four books.
Old 1st August 2006, 21:01
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christer Bergström
BTW, Shikhov, "Barbarossa: The Air War" is a 100,000-word book which could be regarded as a second (but very much edited) edition of "Black Cross/Red Star: Vol. 3".
Didn't you actually mean Vol. 1 (as it deals with 1941)?
Old 1st August 2006, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dénes Bernád
Didn't you actually mean Vol. 1 (as it deals with 1941)?
Yes. I edited that post. Thanks, Dénes!

Christer Bergström

Old 2nd August 2006, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oxley
Thanks for clearing up that point on the English version of 'Luftstrid över Kanalen' Christer.
BTW, "Luftstrid över Kanalen" is Swedish for "Air Combat over the Channel". But the title of the English edition will be "Battle of Britain".

I think that in this book you will find much which isn't in other books on the same topic. Yes, I mean both "new" facts and new conclusions. I am happy that my publisher allowed me as much as 200,000 words for that, because I needed it. (A "normal" BC/RS book is 100,000 words.)

Christer Bergström

Old 17th August 2006, 00:20

Griffon is on a distinguished road

Hello Christer!

just a quick question: amazon.de lists Vol.3 of BC/RS as available from 1st December-this cannot be true I sincerely hope!!!

do you know when the printed copies go into the retail process finally?
I am greatly looking forward to Vol.3 becoming available, so any news would be good news!

cheers
phil
Old 17th August 2006, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon
Hello Christer!

just a quick question: amazon.de lists Vol.3 of BC/RS as available from 1st December-this cannot be true I sincerely hope!!!

do you know when the printed copies go into the retail process finally?
I am greatly looking forward to Vol.3 becoming available, so any news would be good news!

cheers
phil
I didn't even know that Amazon lists this book. I hope it will be available long before 1 December. However, such matters are entirely in the hands of the publisher, so you would have to ask them.

Christer Bergström