Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 26th January 2015, 21:33
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Seeking help with EoE Profile Subjects for NJG Bf110 units during second half of 1940

Hello,

In the process of developing some 350-400 5-view color profiles for the Bf110 for 1939-40, we've now reached the period where we're looking for good subjects for Bf110 nightfighters. These would be almost exclusively for the Stab units and Staffel of NJG1 from July to December 1940.

Right now, I've got profile subjects for only three a/c, two for 1./NJG1, G9+GH (Victor Mölders, Sta Kap), and G9+KH, showing a gear collapse about 07 or 08.40. The other is G9+HL circa 07.40, still in its camouflage from its prior service with 3./ZG1 and not yet night camouflaged. I've got some 20+ profile slots to fill, but the NJG are not units upon which I've previously concentrated, so my image collection is rather modest. Who can help me with photos or published photo references to NJG1 aircraft from 1940? These would all be Bf110C, D or Es. I'm also looking for one subject for 4./NJG2, which flew Bf110Ds from mid-October.

Any help here would be appreciated.
Old 27th January 2015, 04:24
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Re: Seeking help with EoE Profile Subjects for NJG Bf110 units during second half of 1940

Hello,

I think I've found a possible subject for the 4./NJG1 profile, G9+AM. published on P.92 of "Wolfgang Falck: The Happy Falcon." I'm really not sure if there is any way to put a date and place on this, although I'm looking for a profile for the last quarter of 1940. This is very likely the Sta Kap of 4./NJG1, whose name is unknown to me; likewise his BF. This has a colored letter "A," possibly blue? thinly outlined in white. Does anyone know what that color should be? Also, were the basic code letters on the NJG 1 a/c in red, or were they some shade of green or gray? I think I've seen color profiles showing them to be red, but the profiles in the Falck book show them as medium gray. Would that be correct?

Who can help?

Larry Hickey
Eagles Over Europe
Project Coordinator
Old 27th January 2015, 20:39
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Seeking help with EoE Profile Subjects for NJG Bf110 units during second half of 1940

Hi Larry,

For what it may be worth: http://www.airwarfare.com/sow/index....-4-g9-ga-nj-g1

Ed
Old 27th January 2015, 21:57
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Ed,

Thanx for calling my attention to this. As best I can tell, this artwork follows the Jerry Scutts profiles from the Falck biography/autobiography "Happy Warrior."
Old 28th January 2015, 05:51
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Larry,

Sometimes, and I do mean sometimes, the creators of such artwork have sources that may be of use.

Best,
Ed
Old 31st January 2015, 11:11

GaraiB is on a distinguished road

Hello Larry,

I have from internet few pictures.
I hope you can uset it.

Best regards

Balazs
Old 2nd February 2015, 01:16
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Balazs,

Thanx. The ones with the white bands are Mediterranean Theater, I think. The other two are under consideration for profiles, but I'm not sure of the Staffel.

I've received several inputs directly to my original request, and we've now added profile packages for G9+DB, G9+AM, G9+CM and G9+CD. I very much want to do Helmut Lent's G9+DP as Sta Kap of 6./NJG1, but I need a photo of his scoreboard at that time.

I still need photo references for all three Stab NJG1 photos, two more for 1 Staffel, 2 Staffel and 3 Staffel, and 1 each for Stab II./NJG1, 5 and 6./NJG1, and 7, 8 and 9./NJG1.

I'm specifically trying to locate a photo (s) of G9+FM, a Bf110C of 4./NJG1, pilot Fw Hans Rasper, that force-landed at Schiphol AF, Netherlands, on the night of 15-16 December 1940, after shooting down a Whiteley. There apparently was no report to the LW quartermaster on this incident, but it is listed in Theo Boiten's "Nachtjagd: War Diaries," P. 23. I'm certain that photos exist of this crash somewhere. Does anyone have them?

Can anyone help with any of these?