Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 1st April 2017, 18:34

Mark Proulx is on a distinguished road
LiF 26 Copyright...

In receipt of the latest LiF. As usual, a welcome addition to the series and my reference library.

However, it is a sad comment on society that LiF now has to resort adding copyright watermarks to each photo. I must say, I agree/understand/respect their decision. It is sad that they need to do this to protect the integrity of their content and thus future viability.

This policy will not prevent me from buying future issues. I gladly will. I just wonder if the placing of a small shaded "C" in each photo will be enough to dissuade those who lack integrity.

Time will tell...

Mark Proulx
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:46
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: LiF 26 Copyright...

I work in book publishing. It is rather sad to see a book that our employees and freelancers have worked on for months, appear on the internet, scanned perfectly from cover to cover. A relative asked me "If I put my art up on the internet, will it get stolen?" The answer is, Yes, of course. For example, someone is selling T-shirts based on a licensed property with no attribution to anyone, including a few images created by one of our artists.

Long before I was any good at finding images on eBay, I bought one of an aircraft that interested me. It must have been a fifth generation copy. Fortunately, I spent little. It got to the point where sellers had to indicate that they were selling an original, period photo, and they added that it would not glow under ultraviolet light since, apparently, modern photo paper does glow.

So, if I had original photos to publish, I might do the same thing, or something similar.

Ed

Last edited by edwest2; 3rd April 2017 at 01:03.