Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 11th July 2014, 18:16
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Im Strom feindlicher Bomber. Der Eichenlaubträger Heinz Strüning und die deutsche Nachtjagd 1940-1945

http://www.christian-schmidt.com/pro...jce88851j91au7

Usual disclaimer,
Ed
Old 28th January 2016, 15:54
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Im Strom feindlicher Bomber. Der Eichenlaubträger Heinz Strüning und die deutsche Nachtjagd 1940-1945

Hello,

Does someone have read this book, only written in German language? What does it looks like? Do we have entries from his Flugbuch, or interviews with relatives/former airmen that flew with him??

Any additional comments would be welcomed.

Adriano S. Baumgartner
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:03

Marcel Hogenhuis will become famous soon enough
Re: Im Strom feindlicher Bomber. Der Eichenlaubträger Heinz Strüning und die deutsche Nachtjagd 1940-1945

Hello Adriano,

Searching for something else, I came across your old posting. Yes, I have read the book and it is definitely written by someone who has knowledge of and access to nightfighter history. He certainly had access to the archive of the Strüning family. It is a good read but not a reference work with Flugbuch copies etc. A lot of dialogues between Strüning and comrades is another feature I can't explain unless the author followed Strüning during his career and made notes of his speech and thoughts

I have checked some statements about the whereabouts of Strüning when specific events occurred and discovered several discrepancies.

General conclusion: the author has written a sort of biographie with a lot of acknowledged facts as a basis but filled the pages with generally known developements in the nocturnal air war 1940-1945 and invented dialogues. For 15 Euros nevertheless a good read.

Best regards, Marcel