Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 20th February 2013, 17:32
Alter Hase

ClinA-78 is on a distinguished road
P-38 pieces to offer (a home for the Homesick Angel)

Hello,

Some of you may know that making recoveries of WWII aircraft 'produces' a lot of scrap of few 'historical' value. Beside interesting parts to display, there are a lot of scrap (roughly 70%).

Parts pile up and space reduces so I am thinking to release some amount of aluminium scrap coming from a P-38 crashed in Belgium.

My purpose is not to make money with that, that is clear. This should be the easiest way to get them off but the story of this particular aircraft (and his pilot) is still heartly felt. Moreover I feel the process "the pan will be plane and plane will be pan" doesn't apply to this great aircraft, albeit reduced in thousands bits.

I would rather prefer to make a deal than to sell it, with a serious person or association (for instance related with P-38 restoration) and not a (memorabilia) seller who will make business with it.

Those are alu skin (with paint), tubing, etc. with very few if any corrosion (!), really viable for static restoration I think.

I was thinking about contacting the P-38 National Association with Steve Blake.
If someone has a tip?

Otherwise serious people can PM me.

ClinA-78
Old 10th May 2013, 21:02
Alter Hase

ClinA-78 is on a distinguished road
Re: P-38 pieces to offer (a home for the Homesick Angel)

The Homesick Angel flew away...

ClinA-78