Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 11th December 2010, 22:48
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Fw190, WerkNr. #2688. Help needed

Hi friends,

I've received a PM from a TOCH member: here it is:

"Maybe you have any idea how to find Fw190 pictures ? Someone told me that longer ago there was 3 pictures what are showing my fathers Fw190 A-5, forced landed on farmland in france. WerkNr. #2688. I know how it must look, all facts I got. Belly landed, left wing away, rear fuselage complete away, canopy away and it lies beside a treshing machine. Written was "Bruchlandung Fokker Wulf 1943 Frankreich". (means Focke) And it showing something like a dissassembling group dismounting the wreck.
How to find this ? Here is no idea and I really looking for a help.
Also sorry - this my english isn´t the best.
Best regards,
JohnnyB
"

Somebody kind enough to help him please??? Thanks very much.

Regards, Franck.
Old 12th December 2010, 15:03

JohnnyB is on a distinguished road
Re: Fw190, WerkNr. #2688. Help needed

This Fw190 A-5 WerkNr. #2688 was flown by Fw. Bäumener from 1./JG26.
8.9.1943 - during a air combat he was shootdown by Spitfire and forced landed his aircraft near Lille on a farmyard between Sainghin en Melantois and Bouvines. Fw. Bäumener survived severely injured and did not return to his unit.

Best regards

JohnnyB
Old 12th December 2010, 17:53
Alter Hase

Hi Johnny,

Waiting for your father's plane picture, I got this in the Kracker list:

Fw. Helmut Bäumener, EK 1 & 2 & Narvik Sh.(as Wehr. Inf. vet), Wound Badge, Fighter Operational Clasp in Bronze; I/JG-26 (joins 3/43 in Russia), 3/JG-26; Fw 190A-4, Fw 190A-5 Werk # 2688 (75% dam 9/8/43).
"WIA 8 September, 1943 during aerial combat with a Spitfire of RAF No. 302 Sq. W of Cambrai, near Vendeville. Severely injured, he force landed in a farmyard in Lille, however, never returned to JG-26. He is believed to have suffered another wound in Russia, since it is noted that he returned to 3 Staffel in August 1943 after a long convalescence"

Concerning the pictures you're looking for: Try with one TOCH member ChrisS or with Goran on LEMB they are both "crazy" downloaders!

Tschüss, Franck.

PS: And no, I'm not german but french.
Old 12th December 2010, 19:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouidjat View Post
Hi Johnny,

Waiting for your father's plane picture, I got this in the Kracker list:

Fw. Helmut Bäumener, EK 1 & 2 & Narvik Sh.(as Wehr. Inf. vet), Wound Badge, Fighter Operational Clasp in Bronze; I/JG-26 (joins 3/43 in Russia), 3/JG-26; Fw 190A-4, Fw 190A-5 Werk # 2688 (75% dam 9/8/43).
"WIA 8 September, 1943 during aerial combat with a Spitfire of RAF No. 302 Sq. W of Cambrai, near Vendeville. Severely injured, he force landed in a farmyard in Lille, however, never returned to JG-26. He is believed to have suffered another wound in Russia, since it is noted that he returned to 3 Staffel in August 1943 after a long convalescence"

Concerning the pictures you're looking for: Try with one TOCH member ChrisS or with Goran on LEMB they are both "crazy" downloaders!

Tschüss, Franck.

PS: And no, I'm not german but french.

Thank you very much, ouidjat - this are absolutely correct informations and well known facts.
Btw - I think that this is the wrong thread for a questions about wanted or needed pictures.

Maybe the webmaster can move it to the "Wanted" thread ?

Regards - JohnnyB
Old 12th December 2010, 20:03
Alter Hase

Hello Johnny,

You're welcome, it's kind of you... But I just discovered this googling with you're father's name: http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=22685

If these kind and gentle TOCH members weren't able to find these pictures, I don't know how I was supposed to do it.

As I told you I'm not THAT busy with Fw190s; I feel a little bit trapped suddenly. Hmmmmmm.... doesn't matter, it's not very important.

Tchau, Franck.

PS: And there is no "Wanted thread" down there.
Old 12th December 2010, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouidjat View Post
Hello Johnny,

You're welcome, it's kind of you... But I just discovered this googling with you're father's name: http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=22685

If these kind and gentle TOCH members weren't able to find these pictures, I don't know how I was supposed to do it.

As I told you I'm not THAT busy with Fw190s; I feel a little bit trapped suddenly. Hmmmmmm.... doesn't matter, it's not very important.

Tchau, Franck.

PS: And there is no "Wanted thread" down there.

Ouidjat, it´s really jokingly now that you say "I feel a little bit trapped suddenly".

To clarify this - I just asked you for help in a PM because often you insert pictures here from ebay. I had the impression that you are something like a ebay-searching-expert. That´s the reason, not less not more...
So please, ouidjat - I never wanted tricky twice advice from all these helpful members here, ok ?

Many thanks- that´s all.

Upps - it´s not all : A "Wanted" theme existing as well

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Old 12th December 2010, 22:45
Alter Hase

OK Johnny,

1/ I'm not an eBay expert; I just have time to do it...
2/ I never researched Fw190s, did I?
3/ Good you did find a "Wanted" tag , but not "thread" and not only "Luftwaffe".

Regards, Franck.