Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 27th November 2019, 00:11
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Theirs the Strife The Forgotten Battles of British Second Army and Armeegruppe Blumentritt, April 1945 [off topic]

Scheduled for March 2020. Includes an unknown amount of material about air operations. The cover shown is unrelated to this book.

https://www.helion.co.uk/military-hi...e1d27397db4b4e

Usual disclaimer,
Ed
Old 4th January 2020, 20:39

19JDKR45 is on a distinguished road
Re: Theirs the Strife The Forgotten Battles of British Second Army and Armeegruppe Blumentritt, April 1945 [off topic]

Many thanks edwest2 for mentioning my forthcoming book and I thought it might be useful if I very briefly summarised the air ops I cover.

1. In the air sections within the two contextual chapters on British and German forces I provide summaries of 2nd TAF and Luftwaffe units (including Flak) operational in N Germany in April 1945 (the period in which the book is set). I also give brief descriptions of aircraft types (eg Typhoon RP and Stuka D-5).

2. In the narrative I cover the massed attacks by an array of Luftwaffe units on the Bailey pontoon bridge on the Weser at Stolzenau 5 - 6 Apr and the RAF's responses, including descriptions of air action from combat reports. The attack by 24 x Typhoon RP on Rethem on 11 April. The attack on the Rethem Bailey pontoon bridge by III./KG 200 and I./KG 66 on the night of 15 April, and (very briefly) the attack on the Rethem bridge by Ar 234 of III./KG 76 on 18 April.

3. I also cover the ramming operation by Schulungslehrgang Elbe as this took place over the heads off the ground forces that are the principal focus of the book.

Couple of things to finish...

First to thank on this forum Nick Beale, Marcel van Heijkop and Michaël SES Svejgaard for their very generous assistance to me. Second to say that Helion now have the correct cover on their site and that Amazon have the book for pre-order. I see it has already come down in price by £13 so at this rate it will be free! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Theirs-Stri...s%2C220&sr=1-1

Best

John
Old 4th January 2020, 22:27
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Theirs the Strife The Forgotten Battles of British Second Army and Armeegruppe Blumentritt, April 1945 [off topic]

Thank you John. Late-war operations, especially with the Ar 234 and KG 200, are of great interest to me.

Best of luck,
Ed