Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 2nd August 2020, 14:52

Fanair is on a distinguished road
Tower of skulls

I intent to buy Tower of skulls by Richard Frank, do you know if aerial operations specially in China are covered in this book ?

thank you

Alain
Old 2nd August 2020, 16:37

bearoutwest is on a distinguished road
Re: Tower of skulls

Alain,

Have you tried a google-search for the book preview? The first 3 chapters are there; and appear to be mainly covering the ground campaigns in general together with the geopolitical considerations of the day. The Battle of Shanghai - chapter 2 - is covered quite sparingly (i.e. not in great detail). I've ordered the book too - but for the overall coverage, but hope to be pleasantly surprised. (OK, I'm an optimist at heart.) I suspect that there are other books in my library which cover the specific campaigns - land and air; but quite often they are location specific.

Google-books link of the preview for your convenience:
https://books.google.com.au/books?id...skulls&f=false

Regards,
...geoff
Old 2nd August 2020, 17:39

Fanair is on a distinguished road
Re: Tower of skulls

Thank you very much it seems an interesting book like Guadalcanal and Rétribution
Kind regards
Alain