Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 11th August 2020, 08:19

INM@RLM will become famous soon enough
Re: New Arado 234 / KG 76 Book 'Blitz Bombers' - Eddie J. Creek & Robert Forsyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdlc View Post
Hi - everything I needed to say, I've said.
An interesting response.

One might have expected something more along the lines of:

"I'm very sorry. The truth is we were careless here, and got these two points terribly wrong. We will go back to the unpublished history of KG 76 and rewrite the relevant sections of Chapter One. In the new version of the chapter we will try to explain as precisely as possible what happened in the reorganizations of II., II.(Stuka) and III. Gruppen of KG 76 during the summer of 1940. The corrected chapter will be made available gratis as an electronic publication to all who have purchased 'Blitz Bombers'."

[line moderated for passive-aggressive content]
Old 11th August 2020, 09:05
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: New Arado 234 / KG 76 Book 'Blitz Bombers' - Eddie J. Creek & Robert Forsyth

Enough. Talk calmly and with civility about the content of the book, please.
Old 12th August 2020, 10:52

Paul Frawley is on a distinguished road

Hello Richard (and to the forum)

I must apologise if my comments were interpreted as a criticism of your publication. My reference was to the original posting.

I received Blitz Bombers yesterday and can only state it is a superb work. Yes the first chapter has inaccuracies but these certainly do not detract from the quality of the book.

Richard - I appreciate the time and expense you put into Blitz Bombers. My partner and I - both research, write and publish. We’ve learnt the hard way about the need for a knowledgeable and capable editor! As for expense - I doubt if we ever made a profit on any publication!

Regards

Paul
Old 15th August 2020, 12:49

superbee is on a distinguished road

Hi Richard
I also bought the book last week.Awesome book!Great addition to my Luftwaffe library.
Mistakes happen, maybe a simple errata sheet to download and include with the book?

Looking forward to the HE 219 book and I will be buying all future Vol's.
Old 15th August 2020, 12:57

richdlc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Frawley View Post
Hello Richard (and to the forum)

I must apologise if my comments were interpreted as a criticism of your publication. My reference was to the original posting.

I received Blitz Bombers yesterday and can only state it is a superb work. Yes the first chapter has inaccuracies but these certainly do not detract from the quality of the book.

Richard - I appreciate the time and expense you put into Blitz Bombers. My partner and I - both research, write and publish. We’ve learnt the hard way about the need for a knowledgeable and capable editor! As for expense - I doubt if we ever made a profit on any publication!

Regards

Paul
Hi- thank you, apology accepted and appreciated. I have no problem with errors being pointed out if it’s done in a constructive way. I will consider your suggestion.
Cheers
Rich
Old 15th August 2020, 12:58

richdlc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbee View Post
Hi Richard
I also bought the book last week.Awesome book!Great addition to my Luftwaffe library.
Mistakes happen, maybe a simple errata sheet to download and include with the book?

Looking forward to the HE 219 book and I will be buying all future Vol's.
Many thanks! I will consider an Online errata Sheet
Thanks
Rich