Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 31st July 2012, 02:38
Alter Hase

Nokose will become famous soon enough
Finnish & Luftwaffe losses on 25-30 Jun 1941

On the 25-30 June 1941 the VVS Northern Front and the VVS Baltic and Northern Fleet made air raids against the airfields of the Finnish Air Force and the 5. Luftflotte. Soviets overall used up to 540 aircraft of different types against 39 airfields. How many FAF and Luftwaffe aircraft were lost? I read a remark of "The result of the operation is considered the failure of the German and Finnish commanders from active operations in the first days of the war".
Old 31st July 2012, 10:34
Alter Hase

Matti Salonen will become famous soon enough
Re: Finnish & Luftwaffe losses on 25-30 Jun 1941

Finnish Air Force had no losses due to these air raids against airfields, but the Soviets had a lot.

Matti
Old 31st July 2012, 11:58
Alter Hase

robert is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

this is a perfect piece of Soviet propaganda. You may find the details of these attacks in book of Mark Solonin "25th June". Some bomb damage was reported from Turku airfield: "damaged runway and a few hangars. Three damaged aircraft. One of ground crews killed and two injured".

Regards

Robert
Old 31st July 2012, 21:06
Alter Hase

Thanks Matti. Strangely Robert this was the only "good" sentence about the planning of the Soviet command on this type of operation in the book but didn't elaborate on the results and was only in the "Introduction" section. The rest was critical of the mass raid plans against airfields made by the Soviet command. I thought that the "25th June" was probably another of Mark Solonin's political ant-Soviet books instead of a history on the subject. I have found that this book "Новая хронология Катастрофы 1941" does have some pretty good material on the early days of the German air offensive on the South-Western and South Fronts.
Old 31st July 2012, 21:28
Alter Hase

Hi,

there are many good information`s like number of sorties, losses etc. regiment by regiment. So not only political manifest. BTW there is part no.2 of his "Новая хронология Катастрофы 1941".

Regards

Robert
Old 31st July 2012, 21:52
Alter Hase

Yes, I saw that he came out with a second volume. Have you read it yet? I'm interested if it is the same area as the previous volume or another region or everywhere.
Old 31st July 2012, 21:56
Alter Hase

Hi,

it covers the rest of the units for 22.6.41.

Regards

Robert
Old 1st August 2012, 09:25

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I thought that the "25th June" was probably another of Mark Solonin's political ant-Soviet books instead of a history on the subject. I have found that this book "Новая хронология Катастрофы 1941" does have some pretty good material on the early days of the German air offensive on the South-Western and South Fronts.
Nokose, your statment are very, very funy! Go and read such no political, very accurate, and very cedibile sources of no political data like M.Kozevnikow, Komandowanije i sztab WWS Sowietskoj Armii w Wielik... Otiecz.. wojnie 1941-1945 gg, Moskwa 1978, or A.A. Novikov, W niebie Leningrada, Moskwa 1970. Second is fundamental to this topic. There you will find what you are looking for. No any anty-Soviet propaganda. All is smooth and according official Soviet political doctrine. I think it is exactly what you are looking for. No any anty-Soviet information.
Funy but true.

You may see, also my story (only in Polish), about this events, Sowieci nad Finlandią 25-30 czerwca 1941 roku, in: Militaria XX wieku nr 6(15), 2006, p. 4-17. There are losses of both side: Soviet and Finnish. The last one were minimal. BTW this material is against Soviet propaganda information.

Regards
mw
Old 1st August 2012, 16:56

Maxim1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirek Wawrzynski View Post
Nokose, your statment are very, very funy!
From my experience, Mark Solonin is a very tendentious author. His books are strongly affected by his own political preferences. Yes, he cites many documents but in every particular case we cannot be sure that he cites ALL needed documents.

I'd say, Mirek, don't buy one crap for another.

A complete non-political history of air war on Eastern front is still waiting for its researcher.
Old 1st August 2012, 18:01

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point

Maxim
I do not know if you even read a book written by Kozevnikow, Novikov or even Inoziemcev, classical Soviet era military authors, who personaly created history of VVS RKKA in WW II (Kozevnikow and main air marschall A.A. Novikv), but if you read them and compare with Sołonin's books, you will see a big difference. If you would like to see it?
I can do this difference. I do not see in Russia official air military historians (excluding M. Morozov), who make such deep study on begining of naval air war in 1941.

There are of course some mistakes, errors in Sołonin's books too. I have found them in each books, including the last one (both parts of NChK). But level of them is not so high as you find for example in books written by Ch. Bergstrom (he put many false, wrong information in English about Air Barbarossa) or in books written by D. Chasanov. These last authors are very strongly affected by their own political preferences, one side searches etc. Both makes perfect propaganda books, the true are not so important for them - especially for Bergstrom. I can not say the same about Sołonin. Errors are normal during writing, all writing know them well.

If you do not like it, do not read these bullshit or do it yourself and then you will see. I do it personaly for many years. It makes me big diffrent, and respect to other hard work. Sołonin has made solid works. He can dare to put not easy and nice question.

Only writing: Mark Solonin is a very tendentious author.

But who is better then he in Russia or another country? Write it simple. Who: Kozevnikow, Inoziemcev, Novikow, Chazanov, or even forigner Ch. Bergstrom? All five some written about 25-30 VI 1941. But mostly it is only pure propaganda information and also very false. The best one is Chazanov, but he is still far away behind Sołonin searches.

Regards,
mw

PS
Quote:
we cannot be sure that he cites ALL needed documents.
When you exactly read Sołonin books you will find that there are lack of many Soviet documents.