Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 21st September 2006, 08:32

rainflowermoon is on a distinguished road
Otto Kittel - JG54

Good morning everyone. I'm looking for information on Oberleutnant Otto "Bruno" Kittel, more specifically, information on his life outside the Luftwaffe. Family, siblings, wife, children, etc.
Any help is appreciated Thank you
Jessica
Old 28th September 2006, 19:32
Alter Hase

Leo Etgen is on a distinguished road
Otto Kittel

Hi Jessica

The only thing that I have found concerning his life outside of the Luftwaffe is that he was married in July 1942 by "Ferntrauung," a wartime policy by which a soldier be married by mailed documents, at Krasnogwardeisk in Russia. This information from http://www.pilotenbunker.de/Jagdflie...tto-Kittel.htm which also includes a photograph of this event. Unfortunately there appears to be little more that I can help you with. Perhaps a German genealogical website might have some more answers? Take care and best of luck in your research.

Horrido!

Leo
Old 29th September 2006, 09:45

Jan Bobek
Re: Otto Kittel - JG54

Hi Jessica,

could you contact me off-board?

regards

Jan

Futo fukutsu (never give up)
Saburo Sakai