Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 5th October 2010, 06:17

Dark12 is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe Aces Portfolio for sale

I have had this since it was first offered by the Military Gallery-very early edition - at the rear there are more signed photos I have acquired (Luftwaffe & Waffen-SS). I will list these individuals later today as well as edition number. Portfolio & pics in excellent condition: I have copied/pasted Military Gallery's description to save time. I have seen one on offer for $US1500 -without bonus signatures, I am open to offers. Tough times for me --all my other Luftwaffe items now gone......Thanks for viewing.

INDIVIDUALLY WRITTEN AND SIGNED PERSONAL HISTORIES
Each Luftwaffe Ace personally wrote his own profile notes for this collection! Each document contains a rare, and sometimes unpublished personal wartime photograph, an accurate biographical description of the Ace's wartime activity and achievements, and notes on the aircraft he flew in combat, with his observations and choice of his favorite, and why. Each nominated the Battle Group or Squadron that was most important to him, with an explanation as to why he held this unit dearest in his memory, and each Ace relived the most memorable day of his career, telling us why it remained so vividly in his mind. Each Ace's own aircraft of choice is illustrated, complete with personal insignia, and to authenticate his personal profile document, each Ace INDIVIDUALLY SIGNED each copy in the edition.

THE ACES - 3,074 COMBINED VICTORIES
The highest scoring American Ace of World War II, the great Dick Bong, achieved 40 victories. Of the Luftwaffe Aces featured in this collection, 23 of the 24 achieved more victories than the greatest American Ace! While ten Luftwaffe Aces scored over 100 victories each and three scored over 200 victories each, the greatest Ace of all time, Erich Hartmann, scored a phenomenal 352 victories! Gallant, top-scoring, highly decorated Aces whose names are indelibly etched into the history books. Men who not only fought the great aerial battles of World War II, but who at great personal risk, took on their own incompetent High Command; men whom the world came to respect and today revere. Twenty-four legends whose day and night activities covered the entire spectrum of the Luftwaffe's fighter warfare from the Battle of Britain to the Balkans, from the Russian Front to North Africa, from Italy to the final defense of the Reich. The names in the collection form a veritable Roll of Honor:
Oberst Erich Hartmann - 352 Victories
Generalleutnant Gunther Rall - 275 Victories
Generalleutnant Adolf Galland - 104 Victories
Generalleutnant Walter Krupinski - 197 Victories
General Johannes Steinhoff - 176 Victories
Oberst Herbert Ihlefeld - 140 Victories
Oberstleutnant Walter Wolfrum - 137 Victories
Hauptmann Alfred Grislawski - 133 Victories
Generalleutnant Friedrich Obleser - 120 Victories
Oberstleutnant Ernst-Wilhelm Reinert - 174 Victories
Generalmajor Dieter Hrabak - 125 Victories
Oberstleutnant Walter Schuck - 206 Victories
Major Erich Rudorffer - 224 Victories
Oberstleutnant Gerhard Thyben - 156 Victories
Major Fritz Losigkeit - 68 Victories
Major Paul Zorner - 59 Victories
Oberst Eduard Neumann - 11 Victories
Major Martin Drewes - 52 Victories
Generalleutnant Hannes Trautloft - 57 Victories
Major Heinz Lange - 70 Victories
Oberst Hermann Buchner - 58 Victories
Generalmajor Joseph Haiböck - 77 Victories
Major Julius Meimberg - 53 Victories
Oberstleutnant Hans-Joachim Jabs - 50 Victories

A RARE OPPORTUNITY
No books, no magazine features, no interviews, no documentaries or films have ever put together such an intimate and concise factual collection of authentic personal memoirs, and certainly nothing ever previously published compares with "THE LUFTWAFFE FIGHTER ACES COLLECTION." To preserve these valuable documents, Military Gallery produced a magnificent album befitting such a historical collection. Manufactured exclusively for this series, the album can only be described as lavish. The cover, front and back, is soft simulated leather, finished in traditional Air Force blue. On the front the Luftwaffe pilot's wings is blocked in 22 ct. gold leaf, with a gold leaf ruled line border. The title is printed on the spine, again in gold leaf. The overall size of the book is 10½" x 13". A clear vinyl dust cover is included to keep it in pristine condition. The tough heavy-duty hardback pages inside the album are book-bound, and specially designed with crystal clear acrylic to preserve the profile documents and the originality of the signatures.

"THE LUFTWAFFE FIGHTER ACES COLLECTION" comes with a distinctive Certificate of Authenticity